||Newly designed solid cap, features Clear View Port, indicating bulb is operating
||Easy bulb replacement, no need to shut down system
||Highest quality pure hard quartz bulb and sleeve increases UV output
||Replaceable inner sleeve acts as an internal reflector maximizing UV efficiency
Enhance pond water quality with these easy-to-install modular UV clarifiers. Enjoy clear, clean, and healthy ponds or water gardens. Simply install the Lifegard Aquatics Ultraviolet Clarifier to your existing pond filtration system to enjoy the benefits of cleansing ultraviolet light. Precipitate free-floating algae (green water algae) for convenient removal and control disease-causing organisms by circulating pond water through the Lifeguard UV Module. All models feature 3/4"-1" FPT fittings (in/out).
Replacement parts sold separately.
|QL-25 25 Watt
||4-3/4" x 7-1/2" x 26-3/4" H
|QL-40 40 Watt
||4-3/4" x 7-1/2" x 34-1/2" H
* Maximum gallons and flow rate are based upon use as a clarifier.
Assembly and installation instructions:
- Carefully unpack the quartz sleeve, quartz bulb, ballast assembly, cap, and housing. Make sure all packing material is removed from inside housing.
- Unscrew compression coupling from cap, remove rubber gasket.
- Insert quartz sleeve through cap leaving the open end of the quartz sleeve protruding about 2" from top of cap.
- Slide gasket over the open end of quartz sleeve until the entire gasket is about 1/4" past end of quartz sleeve. Gasket must remain entirely past open end of quartz sleeve to achieve and maintain proper seal. NOTE: Failure to install quartz sleeve properly will result in damage to bulb.
- Screw small compression coupling onto cap. The compression coupling will push the quartz sleeve into the proper position. Hand-tighten only.
- Carefully insert quartz sleeve into bottom receptacle inside the center of the housing and tighten cap. Hand-tighten only.
- Repeat steps #2-6 for each chamber in the commercial sterilizers.
- Attach the UV Sterilizer so it is LAST in the filtration system. The UV sterilizer is most effective in clear filtered water. Make sure proper inlet and outlet ports are utilized.
- Carefully match pins of male 4-pin connector (top of quartz bulb) to female 4-pin of the ballast assembly and push fully into place.
- Gently pull cord above splash boot and guide electrical connection until it bottoms out into narrow neck of splash boot. Do not pull fragile wires connecting the male 4-pin connector to the quartz bulb, as this will damage the bulb. NOTE: The splash boot is lubricated at the factory with LIFEGARD silicone lubricant for ease of assembly and disassembly. It is extremely important that the small neck of the splash boot be lubricated with LIFEGARD silicone lubricant each time the bulb is serviced. Failure to lubricate splash boot may result in bulb being difficult or impossible to remove.
- Gently slide quartz bulb with ballast assembly attached inside the quartz sleeve until it reaches bottom. Do not drop bulb into quartz sleeve. Slide splash boot over compression coupling on cap. This will prevent water that accidentally spills on the UV sterilizer from entering the quartz sleeve and wetting the bulb.
- Bend ballast cord along narrow neck of splash boot and push splash boot cap over cord and splash boot. This must be done to prevent splashed or spilled water from reaching the electrical connection.
- Place ballast where there is no chance of water contact, a normal precaution for electrical devices near water environments. Water contact with ballast will damage ballast and possibly create an electrical hazard.
- Repeat steps #9-13 for each chamber in the commercial sterilizers.
- Turn on pump/filter system.
- Plug in the ballast(s).
NOTE: The beneficial nitrifying bacteria in your biological filter will not be affected by the ultraviolet radiation due to their sessile nature. These beneficial bacteria adhere to all types of surfaces and are not free to pass through the sterilizer.
Horizontal Kit Instructions
Instructions for all models of Lifegard AF-Series Mechanical Filters, Chemical Filters, Heater Modules and Ultraviolet Sterilizers
- Determine location of the unit within the filter system, remembering the large port is the inlet and the smaller port is the outlet.
- In order to achieve the best bond between the plastic parts and the double-sided adhesive tape, prepare the surface of each horizontal stand by wiping with a 50/50 mixture of rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) and water. Allow horizontal stand to dry completely.
- Peel off one side of the tape and apply tape to each horizontal stand.
- After tape is properly applied to each horizontal stand, peel off other side of tape exposing the adhesive.
- Making sure plumbing parts are in desired position, press horizontal stand firmly into position locating one just in front of the base and the other next to top collar. Note: Full bond strength is achieved in 72 hours at a temperature of 70°F when using the double-sided adhesive tape. Higher temperatures reduce the number of hours to reach the maximum bond strength.
- Pre-drill 3/16" holes and anchor each base using supplied screws and washers.
The double-sided adhesive tape cannot be used when mounting the unit vertically on a wall. In this type of installation, PVC solvent cement must be used to bond the horizontal stands to the unit. Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the PVC solvent cement. Allow 24 hours for the stands to dry completely before mounting the unit on the wall.