||Professional aquarium Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) monitor
||Continuously monitors aquarium ORP levels to ensure a healthy aquatic environment
||Essential monitor for aquarium systems using ozone and ozonizers
Professional monitor constantly measures aquarium oxidation-reduction potential (ORP/REDOX). An essential aquarium-monitoring device for reef aquarium and other high-tech aquariums that utilizes ozone or ozonizers to break down organic waste materials. Precision probe instantly detects ORP/REDOX changes to help ensure overall health of your aquarium system.
Large Liquid Crystal Display shows a 1 mV resolution with a ±1 mV accuracy (-2000 to +2000 mV range) and features a low battery indicator. Built-in offset screw for quick and easy calibration. Lab-grade, Ag-AgCl, epoxy electrode has full platinum band and BNC connector. Runs on a 9V battery (not included). Fully guaranteed. 3" x 5".
adapter kit, and
calibration packets also available.
Protect your American Marine Pinpoint Monitor from damage during transport with optional
Armor Hard Carrying Case.
American Marine is proud to introduce Pinpoint REDOX/ORP Monitor, the only truly accurate and affordable continuous monitoring ORP (REDOX) system. Every Pinpoint REDOX/ORP Electrode features a 10-foot high suppression cable, BNC Connector, as well as a 99.9% platinum sensor tip. A Pinpoint AC Adapter Kit is recommended since ORP values are most important when continuously monitored. Standard 9-volt battery can be used and should be replaced every few months when visually indicated on the display as "LOBAT."
NOTE: The REDOX/ORP Monitor unit is NOT waterproof and must be operated on a dry surface. Liquid contact on the printed circuit board will cause corrosion and void warranty.
Unwrap the protective plastic packaging from the Pinpoint REDOX/ORP Monitor unit. Remove the battery cover on the back of the monitor and install a new 9-volt battery or the Pinpoint AC Adapter Kit. Use the pop-up stand on back and place meter on a flat, dry surface. Hook and loop can be used to mount the meter onto a vertical surface.
Carefully remove the plastic storage container installed on the end of the electrode. A small amount of storage fluid may be expelled. This is normal. Save the plastic storage container for future use. Rinse the end of the electrode briefly under lukewarm water.
Place the electrode tip into the fluid to be measured using the suction cup probe holder if desired. Attach the BNC Connector from the electrode onto the BNC input of the ORP Monitor. Turn the connector 1/4 turn clockwise to lock the connector. Activate the unit by setting the power switch to the ON position. Your Pinpoint REDOX/ORP Monitor is now ready for calibration.
As with any lab quality REDOX/ORP Electrode it is important to wait the full 24-36 hours before recording ORP values when continuously monitoring. During this period the electrode should "settle in" to the new environment.
The Pinpoint REDOX/ORP Electrode is widely considered to be a superior grade and should be precisely calibrated to the Pinpoint ORP/REDOX Meter before initial installation. Place the tip of the REDOX/ORP Electrode into the REDOX 400 Calibration Fluid and wait a minute or so for the measurement to settle in. Adjust the calibration screw on the front of the monitor to read 400 mV. Calibration should be checked monthly for maximum precision. Do not reuse the calibration fluid.
Clean the electrode occasionally (every 3-4 weeks) using a soft wet toothbrush with long bristles. Gently push the electrode tip down into the wet bristles and rotate the probe 3-4 times. This will clean the inner surfaces of the electrode as well as the platinum pin and reference junctions. REDOX 400 Calibration Fluid also performs a thorough chemical cleaning of the platinum tip and the reference junctions during the calibration process. Typical readings in established, well-maintained saltwater systems should be in the 350-450 mV range. Maintenance should be increased if the range would fall to 225-275 mV. Drinking water is considered sterilized at REDOX/ORP values of 700-800 mV. Artificial oxidation agents like potassium permanganate or ozone gas must be monitored with a Pinpoint REDOX/ORP Monitor to prevent overdose. Danger levels will vary according to the livestock, however, readings in the 500 mV range should be examined closely.
The life of the Pinpoint REDOX/ORP Electrode is 18 months, at which time, the probe should be replaced. While calibration may be possible on an old probe, the probe's ability to react to changes in REDOX/ORP value will be severely limited and, therefore, not adequate for measurement.
Important Points to Remember
- Pinpoint ORP Monitor has been designed as a continuous monitor. The AC Adapter Kit is recommended, however, a regular 9-volt battery can be successfully used until "LOBAT" is indicated on the display.
- Pinpoint ORP meter is NOT waterproof and must be operated on a dry surface. Liquid contact with the printed circuit board will cause corrosion and void warranty.
- The plastic storage container must be removed from the tip of the probe so that REDOX/ORP values can be measured.
- Calibrate the REDOX/ORP probe to the Pinpoint Monitor by using Pinpoint REDOX/ORP 400 Calibration Fluid. For best accuracy, the calibration should be checked monthly with new 400 mV Calibration Fluid.
- If the probe is to be transported or stored, the plastic container should be filled with storage solution (4.00 calibration fluid + potassium chloride crystals) or 4.00 calibration fluid prior to being installed onto the probe. Do not use deionized or reverse osmosis water as storage fluid.
- Probe should be inserted about 1 inch into the liquid to be measured. Probe may be totally submerged if desired.
- If several probes are used (i.e., pH and ORP, several pH, etc.) space the probes 3-4 inches apart so that the probes will not react with each other and yield erroneous readings.
- Clean the sensing glass, platinum tip and reference junctions of the probe every few weeks by using a wet toothbrush or soaking the tip in Pinpoint REDOX/ORP 400 Calibration Fluid.
- Replace the probe every 18 months for optimum performance.
- The Pinpoint ORP Electrode should be mounted vertically +/- 45 degrees.
- Do not allow air bubbles to accumulate under a vertically installed electrode.
Pinpoint ORP (Redox) Calibration Fluid
The ORP/REDOX Calibration Fluid is another American Marine first. With a precise measurement of 400 mV, occasional retesting with this fluid will keep your readings dead-on accurate. Also very useful to determine if an ORP/REDOX probe is ready for replacement.