Nutrition specifically formulated for the hard-to-feed Plecostomus, but excellent for all algae eaters. Hikari Algae Wafers contain high levels of vegetable matter that algae eaters prefer and love. Vegetable and protein content is balanced to ensure nutrition for proper health and growth. Unique, disc-shaped wafers sink rapidly while retaining its shape. This allows less aggressive species to feed at their leisure without the wafer dissolving or clouding aquarium water. Vegetable-rich Algae Wafers are also great for saltwater fish and other marine herbivores.
Sinking Mini Algae Wafers™ are the perfect size for small Plecostomus and other algae eaters, including marine herbivores and ornamental shrimp.
Hikari® Algae Wafers™ measures approximately 3/4" in diameter and Mini Algae Wafers™ measure approximately 1/4" in diameter.
|Algae wafers bring the vegetables your plecos or other algae-eaters love right to where they feed - the bottom of your aquarium.
Hikari® Algae Wafers™ were specifically developed for the hard to feed Plecostomus and other algae-eating bottom feeders. Hikari® was the originator of this uniquely shaped disc-type diet, now copied by many. Accept no substitutes, request the first and finest, Algae Wafers™.
- A perfect balance of premium select ingredients developed to promote proper growth and desirable form in most herbivore species.
- Contains higher levels of vegetable matter and multiple algaes that Plecostomus and other algae eaters prefer.
- The uniquely shaped disc sinks rapidly and retains its shape allowing less aggressive species ready access to its nutrition.
- The perfect treat for your omnivorous fish to super-charge their nutrient intake.
- Contains pure-cultured spirulina and chlorella algae to help your underwater friends look their best.
Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Wheat Germ Meal, Starch, Dried Seaweed Meal, Dried Bakery Product, Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate Dehydrated, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Soybean Meal, Fish Oil, Krill Meal, Spirulina, Garlic, Dl-Methionine, Chlorella, Astaxanthin, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Oil, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vitamin K), Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Disodium Phosphate, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Blue 2 (Artificial Color).
Feed no more than the amount your fish will completely consume within an hour. Care should be taken to avoid over-feeding and always remove uneaten food after feeding period.