Get high accuracy pH measurements in a rugged pocket-sized design with the Hanna® pHep®+ Waterproof Pocket pH Tester with 0.01 pH Resolution.
The Hanna pocket pH tester features an exposed temperature sensor for automatic temperature compensated readings. The simple, two-button operation and large display make it easy for anyone to test pH. Lightweight and only 0.7" thick, the pHep+ is extremely ergonomic and fits comfortably in your hand. The pocket pH tester features a large multi-level LCD which displays both pH and temperature readings simultaneously. The pH readings are displayed with a 0.01 pH resolution and with an accuracy of ±0.10 pH. The pH range of the tester is from 0.00 to 14.00 pH. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated pH measurements. Temperature can be set to display in Celsius or Fahrenheit. The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators. The battery percent level is displayed at start up alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available.
The pH electrode uses a unique reference cell design that utilizes an extractable cloth junction. A clogged junction will typically exhibit erratic readings that will not stabilize. Simply extracting a small portion of cloth from the meter will clear any clog by exposing a fresh, clean surface. The ability to clear any clogging will extend the life of the pH electrode. Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode the pH electrode can be calibrated to 1 or 2 points using the pre-programmed standard buffers (pH 4.01, 7.01,10.01). When the standard value is recognized and stability is reached, the meter automatically accepts and stores the calibration value.
Setup options include automatic shut off timing and temperature unit displayed. Automatic shut-off options are to turn the pH level tester off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled. To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.
- Slim, Ergonomic Design - With rounded edges and a case that is only 17 mm (0.7”) thick, the HI98108 is thin and fits comfortably in the hand or pocket.
- Large Multi-level LCD - The LCD is 29 mm (1.125”) x 20 mm (0.81”) allowing the user to easily read both the pH and temperature simultaneously.
- Two-button Operation - One for ON/OFF, the other for calibration.
- Integrated Temperature Sensor - Built in temperature sensor allows for Temperature Compensated measurements. Temperature can be displayed in either oC or oF.
- Automatic Calibration - Automatic calibration to one or two points using standard buffers (pH 4.01, 7.01 and 10.01).
- Stability Indicator - A clock tag stability indicator will disappear to alert the user when the reading is stable.
- Automatic Shut-off - User-selectable time until meter shuts off to conserve battery life. Options are 8 min, 60 min or disabled.
- Low Battery Indicator - Low battery indicator that is displayed when less than 10% battery life is remaining.
- Battery % Level at Startup - At start-up, all the LCD segments are displayed for 1 second, then the percent indication of the remaining battery life is displayed.
- pH Range - 0.0 to 14.0 pH
- pH Resolution - 0.01 pH
- pH Accuracy - ±0.1 pH
- Temperature Range - 0.0 to 50.0°C / 32.0 to 122.0°F
- Temperature Resolution - 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Temperature Accuracy - ±0.5°C /±1°F
- pH Calibration - Automatic, one or two points
- Temperature Compensation - automatic from 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
- Battery Type/Life - CR2032 3V Li-Ion (1 pc.) / approximately 800 hours of use
- Auto-off - after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, disabled
- Environment - 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 100%
- Dimensions - 160 x 40 x 17 mm (6.3 x 1.6 x 0.7“)
- Weight - 65 g (2.3 oz.) without battery
The pHep+ is supplied with protective cap, pH 4.01 buffer sachet, pH 7.01 buffer sachet (2), electrode cleaning sachet, CR2032 battery, instrument quality certificate and instructional manual.