Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a condition often associated with advanced age. According to recent data, 1 out of 10 dogs will develop CKD in her lifetime. It is also common for senior dogs to develop other age-related conditions like reduced mobility or cognitive dysfunction which can significantly impact the quality of life of both the pet and the pet parent.
Studies have also shown that 80% of dogs greater than 8 years of age suffer from degenerative joint disease (DJD). Other data shows that 50% of dogs over 11 years of age display at least one sign of cognitive decline. Nutrition can play a key role in managing these age-related conditions. That is why Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®+Mobility for dogs. This clinical nutrition not only supports your dog's kidney function, but also helps to improve mobility and increase cognitive alertness and vitality. The nutrition of k/d is clinically tested to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids for building muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA) to improve joint function
- Enriched with glucosamine & chondroitin sulfate
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Formulated to improve your dog’s ability to run, walk and jump in as little as 21 days
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- Formulated to increase vitality & alertness in older dogs
Made in Hill's own USA facilities with U.S. and imported ingredients.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d®+ Mobility Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Feeding Guide: Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Weight of dog: 5 lb (2,3 kg) - 5/8 can daily
- 10 lb (4,5 kg): 1 can daily
- 15 lb (6,8 kg): 1 1/3 cans daily
- 20 lb (9,1 kg): 1 2/3 cans daily
- 30 lb (14 kg): 2 1/4 cans daily
- 40 lb (18 kg): 2 3/4 cans daily
- 50 lb (23 kg): 3 1/3 cans daily
- 60 lb (27 kg): 3 3/4 cans daily
- 70 lb (32 kg): 4 1/4 cans daily
- 80 lb (36 kg): 4 3/4 cans daily
- 100 lb (45 kg): 5 1/2 cans daily
- 120 lb (54 kg): 6 1/3 cans daily
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion of the can.
Ingredients: Water, Chicken, Carrots, Rice, Pork Liver, Rice Starch, Green Peas, Dextrose, Flaxseed, Fish Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Sugar, Egg Whites, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Fat, Potassium Alginate, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Potassium Citrate, Guar Gum, L-Lysine, Lipoic Acid, Choline Chloride, L-Threonine, Calcium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Carbonate
Average Nutrient & Caloric Content:
351 kcal / 12.5 oz (354 g) can
Vitamin C.......125 ppm
Vitamin E.......667 IU/kg
Total Omega-3 FA.......4.44%
Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA).......2.00%