If you’re looking to add the distinctive beauty of a Peninsula-style coral reef aquarium to your home or office, you don’t need a custom-built system to do so. Red Sea’s new REEFER™ Peninsula brings color and ambiance to any living or office space at a fraction of the cost of a custom installation.
This 63" long/650 liter (175 gal) REEFER™ Peninsula offers an impressive and elegant room divider solution with all of the features of our advanced REEFER™ systems. A rimless, ultra-clear glass coral reef aquarium is formed into a perfect peninsula that gives you a fascinating view from all three sides, adding complexity and intrigue to any reefscape. Peninsula-style aquariums are very similar to standard aquariums, but instead of having a single large viewing panel the tank is turned 90 degrees giving you two large viewing panels, while the overflow is placed along the short back wall.
The aquarium is set on stylish yet heavy duty cabinets with epoxy painted finish on both sides. The cabinet includes a dedicated ventilated compartment for chiller and control systems and the doors may be assembled on either side of the cabinet to suit the layout of the room. The unique design of the Peninsula with the overflow system at one end of the aquarium instead of at the center also makes it ideal for a room corner installation.
The REEFER™ Deluxe incorporates the all-new Hydra 26™ HD LED lighting units with Red Sea’s custom mounting system into the reef ready systems in a convenient single package. The Hydra 26™ HD unit provides the most up to date LED technology, offering a full spectrum, 7 color LED configuration giving great color rendition and a multitude of lighting effects. The revolutionary control system dynamically adjusts the power available to each color by utilizing power not being used with other colors, effectively enabling selected channels to be ‘boosted’ to above 100% output. The lighting is fully controllable via the built-in WiFi which is compatible with iOS and Android devices, and with any wifi-enabled Mac or PC. The custom mounting system attaches firmly onto the rear wall of the tank and can be rotated to the upright position during reefscaping or other tank maintenance. The REEFER™ Peninsula Deluxe come with a customized hanging system for the Hydra 26 HD LED lights.
Other exciting REEFER features include:
- REEFER™ aquariums are constructed from thick, beveled-edge, ultra-clear glass to support their elegant and modern rimless design.
- The aquarium sits on a recessed base that “floats” it above the cabinet, which seamlessly follows the contour of the glass.
- The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump (and in the larger models also includes a dedicated, vented space for chillers) is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors.
- Removable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle.
- In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump.
- On entering the sump the water passes through a 225 micron mechanical filter bag, before entering the filtration compartment that maintains a constant water height, making it suitable for all skimmers and other reactors.
- In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber.
- To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER™ sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system.
- Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.
The REEFER™ XXL series has advanced sumps with the following new features:
- An adjustable height skimmer chamber, enabling you to set the water level (between 21-27cm / 8.3"-10.6") for optimal skimmer performance.
- A “Refugium Ready” sump with two pre-set positions allows you to decide how much of the sump you want for your skimmer and other reactors and how much as a dedicated refugium chamber.
- 4 micron filter bags.
- RO liter reservoir that can be slid aside when necessary for pump maintenance.