Successfully remove unsightly green water algae blooms, also known as pea soup, from decorative ponds with Aquascape UltraKlear Pond UV Clarifier. Its technologically-advanced 28-Watt T5 high-output UV Bulb maximizes the clarifier's performance, while the narrow contact chamber increases the effectiveness of the UV light. The internal swirl sleeve optimizes UV clarification by increasing the contact time between the algae and UV bulb, which in turn increases UV efficiency up to 50% over traditional UV clarifiers.
The Aquascape UltraKlear Pond UV Clarifier includes an on/off indicator light that confirms the bulb's functionality and an electronic ballast regulates the wattage and bulb output. If the ballast is removed, a mechanical safety switch automatically turns off the bulb. The clarifier unit also easily attaches to any vertical or horizontal surface outside the pond with mounting brackets.
||33.5" x 5.5" x 3.75"
|Average Pond Size Recommendation
||2,500 US gallons
|Maximum Flow Rate
|Power Cord Length
|Discharge Hose Diameter
||1”, 1.25”, 1.50”
Aquascape UltraKlear Pond UV Clarifier Instruction Manual PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
- Use only in fully assembled state.
- The UV lamp and quartz sleeve are fragile. Please inspect for any signs of damage prior to installing.
- The fixxture is weatherproof, but is not designed to be submerged into the pond. Submerging the fixture could cause electric shock and will void the product warranty.
- If located in a freezing climate remove fixture during the winter, drain and store in a frost-free location.
- Do not filter hazardous materials or liquids, such as oil, saltwater or organic solvents.
- Do not block or restrict the fixture discharge.
- Products returned must be cleaned, sanitized, or decontaminated, as necessary prior to shipment so as to ensure that employees will not be exposed to health hazards in handling said material. All applicable laws and regulations shall apply.
Operation and Maintenance
The UltraKlear® UV Clarifier eliminates single-celled algae commonly referred to as green water. For most ponds, the process should take approximately 1 week, however significant algae blooms may take 2-3 weeks to clear.
- Bulb life – For effective clarification the UV bulb should be replaced after 12 months of continuous use. NOTE: Even though the UV bulb still emits light it may have lost its effectiveness at clarifying if the recommended operating time has been exceeded.
- Cleaning/Replacing the quartz tube and UV bulb –?A dirty quartz tube will reduce the effectiveness of the UV bulb. Debris and mineral deposits can be cleaned using a mild acid like white vinegar or a non-abrasive calcium, lime or rust remover with a soft bristled brush or sponge.