Replace bulbs past their rated useful life to ensure crucial light intensity and spectral output. A fresh, new Hamilton Technology 175W Screw Socket Metal Halide Bulb supplies the most concentrated light intensity, color spectrum and wavelength essential for photosynthesis and coral health. High PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) values promote the development of aquatic plants as well as photosynthetic anemones and corals. High intensity bulb emits light powerful enough to reach the lower depths of your aquarium with the same intensity and spectrum as natural sunlight.
Choose from three popular color temperature bulbs to suit your particular aquarium lighting needs.
6,500 K Screw Socket Bulb
Ideal choice for freshwater and planted aquariums
Emits a warm white light
Full spectrum metal halide lamp
10,000 K Screw Socket Bulb
Ideal choice for freshwater, planted, reef and marine aquariums
Emits a pure, crisp intense bright white light with a high PAR value
True 10,000 K with light output ice white in color
Simulates sunlight at ocean depths of 5-15 feet
14,000 K Screw Socket Bulb
Ideal choice for marine and reef aquariums
Emits a high PAR value light with outstanding intensity and color
Intensifies the natural vibrant fluorescence in fish, coral and marine life
Simulates sunlight at ocean depths of 8-20 feet
NOTE: Use with 175 watt Electronic ballast. Handle bulb by socket end only, DO NOT touch bulb.
Shop all Aquarium Lighting.
Metal Halide Bulb Safety and Handling
- Metal Halide discharge lamps should only be operated in enclosed fixtures with ultraviolet absorbing glass filter (protective lens). Failure to do so may cause serious skin and eye inflammation. Do not use these lamps in any fixtures where any unfiltered light is emitted from the fixture. Do not operate these lamps if the ultraviolet absorbing filter glass is broken or uninstalled.
- Metal Halide discharge lamps should only be operated in enclosed fixtures that safely contain all lamp parts in the event of a lamp burst or rupture. These lamps operate at a high internal pressure and at high temperatures. A lamp burst may occur, causing physical injury and property damage.
- Metal Halide lamps should never be operated beyond their rated useful life. The risk of a lamp burst increases with lamp age, temperature, improper operation, and improper handling.
- Never bump, drop, apply excessive stress, or scratch the lamp. This could cause the lamp to burst. Do not operate any lamps with any traces of scratches, cracks, or physical damage.
- Never operate a lamp above or below its rated current or voltage. This could cause the lamp to leak or burst. Only operate lamp with compatible ballast and fixture.
- Always turn off the electrical power before inserting, removing, or cleaning the lamp. Avoid touching the lamp with your bare hands and be sure to wipe off any fingerprints with a clean lint-free soft cloth. Debris or oils left on the lamp can damage the lamp as the it heats up.
- Electrical connections should be clean and in good condition.
- Replace the lamp holders and sockets when needed.
- Affix the lamp securely in the socket. Improper installations will cause arcing, overheating, and shorten life to lamp and socket.
- Never touch the lamp when it is on, or soon after it has been turned off, as it is hot and may cause burns. Lamps should be allowed to cool for a minimum of 10 minutes after the lamp is turned off.
- Do not use lamp in close proximity of paper, cloth, or other combustible material that can cause a fire hazard and never expose operating lamp to moisture.
- Do not look directly at the operating lamp for any period of time. This may cause eye injury.
- Metal Halide lamps require several minutes of warm-up time to come to full brightness and color.
- Shut down period of 15 minutes per week is recommended for optimum lamp life.
Hamilton Technology is the leading manufacturer of high quality aquarium lighting offering customers the widest selection of metal halide, compact fluorescent, and VHO lighting available today at the lowest prices. Hamilton Technology's mission is to offer you, state of the art lighting that meets their high standards of quality, innovation, and value. Hamilton Technology has served the lighting needs of both the professional and the hobbyist aquarist for more than sixteen years and is considered by many to be the choice of experts.