This stylish, barn-themed cat house will keep your pets warm and dry, both indoors and outdoors, and is perfect for use in garages, porches, and barns.
It's suitable for one to two cats and its floor is partially heated, giving your cats the ability to choose to lay on or off the warming pad.
A clear vinyl door flap keeps out the elements, ensuring your cats stay dry and comfortable.
A viewing window on the rear of the house lets in light while allowing your your cat to look out. The window also allows you to see into the house.
When used correctly, your Ortho Heat™ should provide years of hassle free warmth for your pet and is uniquely designed with different temperatures on each side. You choose the level of warming to match your pet's needs.
18" W x 22" D x 17" H
This product is designed for use with animals only and includes a limited one year warranty.
Putting together your Heated Outdoor Kitty Home
- Locate the roof panel, the four-side panel house structure, and the padded floor.
- Zip both sides of the roof panel to the two side walls of the house structure.
- Raise each end door panel to meet side panels and fasten securely with hook and loop material sewn along edges.
- Place the heated pad into the kitty shelter on the bottom panel of the house structure prior to closing the second door wall. Thread the cord through the cord hole.
- Locate the hook and loop material under end roof panels and firmly attach to the tops of the door end panels. Press firmly for good adhesion.
- Clear flap doors can be attached from the inside using the hook and loop material. Adjust door to ensure free swinging. Press firmly.
Your Heated Outdoor Kitty Barn utilizes the warming technology of the Ortho Heat Bed to keep your cat warm and toasty.
- Place directly on a hard, flat surface in the home or inside a doghouse or kennel. Area chosen should be a sheltered area out of direct rain or snow.
- Pull out the air valve on the bottom side of the bed. Plug into 110-120 volt AC outlet while the air valve is still released. Allow 15-30 minutes for your Ortho Heat™ to begin to warm and fully expand. The unit will feel slightly warm to the touch. After desired expansion, push down on the center of the bed to remove a little air. Then push the air plug in to seal the bed. This will ensure against "ballooning" when your pet is enjoying the bed. The built in thermostat will automatically regulate the temperature.
- After initial warm-up, your Ortho Heat™ will feel cooler to the touch. This is the intention for energy efficiency. When your pet lies on the bed, it will warm to a cozy, pet-pleasing temperature even in the coldest of weather.
- Testing your Ortho Heat™. Place a blanket, pillow or other insulating object over part of your Ortho Heat™. After a few minutes, place your hand under the insulating object to experience the warmth your pet will enjoy.
- Before introducing the new Ortho Heat™ to your pet, decide which warming level and side you wish your pet to lie on. One side is marked for "gentle warming comfort" and the other side is marked for the "warmest comfort."
- To store your Ortho Heat™, unplug, clean, and store away when not in use.
- Read all instructions
- To protect against electrical hazards, DO NOT immerse cord or plug, or if the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any way. Return all malfunctioning appliances to the factory for examination.
- Do not use appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- Do not puncture plastic housing for any reason.
- For use with 110-120 volt AC ONLY.
- Do not cover your Ortho Heat with blankets or materials other than a fleece Ortho Heat Cover. Other coverings may not allow heat to radiate properly and could cause failure.
- When placing the bed in an enclosed area, be sure bed covers no more than half of the floor space, so your pet has the option of sleeping on or off the Ortho Heat bed.
- When used outside your home, this unit must be plugged into a properly grounded electrical outlet rated for outdoor use. If you do not have a properly grounded outlet, contact a certified electrician to have one installed.
- Always make sure the cord exits your pet's enclosure. Keep cord out of shelter.