The Kaytee My First Home Habitat for Pet Rats is an ideal home for your small pets like rats or hamsters. It offers plenty of space for energetic rats to roam, and the deep plastic base prevents bedding from scattering.
The wire top makes for easy viewing and superb ventilation for your little guys, while the narrow 1/2" spaced wire bars prevents escape.
The habitat includes a comfort shelf and safety ramp, that encourage fun activity, and a food dish that rests on the upper level.
12-1/2" x 24-1/2" x 14-1/2"
- Unwrap the Wire Panels and lay on a flat surface with the doorway facing upward.
- Carefully unfold the front, back, and side panels.
- Lock the right and left side panels onto the back panel.
- Next, lock the front panel onto the side panels. If the wire hooks have become bent during shipping, carefully pry them open to fit into the side panel wire loops.
- Flip wire set to upright position. Insert comfort shelf through door opening and position comfort shelf in place on the left side of the cage on the 8th bar up from the bottom. Snap comfort shelf into place on wire.
- Place the wire cage on top of the plastic base, making sure to insert the wire tabs into the slots in the base.
- Line up the loops at the bottom of the wire panel set to the holes provided on the plastic base.
- Clip the safety ramp to the comfort shelf by snapping the two prongs on the ramp to the edge of the comfort shelf.
- Place the food dish in the opening on the comfort shelf.
To safely secure your pet inside the home, firmly press the Z-lock Latch behind the second horizontal cage bar above the door opening.
Pinch Bunny Ear latches on each side of the wire set and lift the entire wire set off the plastic base. Set the assembly on a flat surface while you empty the plastic base. Empty and wash the plastic base with soap and water and wipe dry.