Help control your dog's stress-related behaviors with room-wide pheromone therapy. The Adaptil 30-Day Starter Kit diffuses clinically proven synthetic calming canine pheromones throughout your home. Use in areas your dog frequents to help control unpleasant behaviors including excessive barking, whining, trembling, hiding, panting, destroying household items, soiling in the house, and crying at night.
The Adaptil 30-Day Starter Kit curbs your dog's stress response in situations such as separation anxiety, thunderstorms, fireworks, new-dog socialization, puppy adoption, traveling, boarding, hospitalization, moving to a new home, rearranging furniture, meeting new animals, and meeting new visitors.
The easy-to-use Adaptil diffuser plugs into any 120-volt electrical outlet, where it diffuses calming pheromones with a coverage of up to 700 sq ft for 30 days.
The synthetic Canine Appeasing Pheromone in this formula communicates a reassuring message to your dog, which helps curb or eliminate unwanted behaviors. The Adaptil 30-Day Starter Kit offers an effective, non-drug solution you can use throughout your dog's entire environment.
The Adaptil 30-Day Starter Kit includes one 48 ml (30-day) vial. 48 ml Refills are also available. Replace vial every 30 days. For best results, replace diffuser every 6 months. Adaptil Diffuser and Adaptil Refill are designed to work exclusively with one another; do not attempt to use another refill in the diffuser and vice versa.
Adaptil's Canine Appeasing Pheromone also available in a targeted Adaptil Spray and a convenient, comfy Adaptil Collar. Combine solutions for a multi-faceted approach to calming your dog.
What is Adaptil?
Adaptil is a synthetic pheromone that mimics the pheromone mother dogs emit after giving birth to help their puppies feel calm and secure. Dogs of all ages recognize this pheromone throughout life.
Adaptil products offer help in many situations, both indoors and outdoors, and for short-term and long-term use.
Dogs can perceive many situations as stressful - loud noises (fireworks, thunderstorms, household appliances), going to the vet, traveling by car, home alone, kenneling/boarding, and changes in the home environment or the composition of the family.
Canine appeasing pheromone analogue 2%
Isoparaffinic Hydrocarbon 100 g
How to use the Adaptil Diffuser:
- Screw the vial into the diffuser unit and plug it into an electric socket. Use only in a properly functioning 110-120-volt AC electrical outlet.
- The diffuser should be plugged in continuously in the room where the dog spends most of her time.
- Each diffuser covers an area of up to 700 sq ft and refill vials last 30 days. For best results, diffuser heads should be replaced every 6 months.
- Do not plug in the diffuser under shelves or behind doors, curtains, or furniture. To function properly, the diffuser must not be obstructed in any way.
- Do not use the diffuser with a multi-socket outlet, an extension cord, an adaptor, or a converter.
When Adaptil may not work (or may not work alone):
In some situations, Adaptil won't work - or at least won't work without additional concurrent therapy such as behavior modification or even medications.
- When the behavior is not stress-related
- When the behavior has been present for a very long time or the problems are severe. Seek advice from a veterinary behaviorist.
- Overexcited dogs - an overexcited puppy is not going to be calmed down by Adaptil alone. In this case, additional training is needed along with the use of Adaptil.
- Urination in the home due to a medical condition or lack of toilet access. Always get a clean bill of health from your veterinarian if your dog is house-soiling.
- Aggression towards other dogs or humans is a very serious problem. Seek advice from a veterinary behaviorist.
Keep out of reach of children.
Harmful or fatal if swallowed. If ingested, call physician immediately and do not induce vomiting.
Store in a well-ventilated area. Dispose of contents/container in hazardous or special waste collection point, in accordance with local regulations.