Hydor Koralia has gone WIFI! Customize aquarium water movement anywhere in the world from the convenience of your Android or iOS smart device. Hydor AQAMAI KPS WI-FI Controllable Wavemaker employs cloud-based control to take your aquarium hobby to new heights. Simply install the wavemaker pump, download the AQAMAI app, and experience amazing, fully programmable WIFI control of your pump. Schedule and customize flow rate, adjust flow interval, and choose from six different water flow modes including: Constant Flow, Wave, Smooth, Random, Feed, and Night modes.
- Integrated WiFi Control via AQAMAI app
- For Home Network Connection
- Cloud Based Control
- Fully Programmable
- Patented Dual Magnet Support System
- For 10-50 gallon aquariums
- 370-1,050 gph
- For aquarium pane thickness up to 1/2"
Hydor AQAMAI KPS WI-FI Controllable Wavemaker Manual PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
Shop all Aquarium Wavemakers.
Hydor AQAMAI KPS WI-FI Controllable Wavemaker
- Once you have chosen the location where you wish to install your AQAMAI pump, clean away any dirt, calcium, deposits, and algae (coralline or otherwise) using an aquarium scraper or scrubber.
- Carefully separate the Dual Magnet Support System (DMSS) and place them on the clean glass.
- Install cable protector wrapping around wave pump cable. This protects the pump cable from triggerfish, urchins, and other animals that may damage pump cable.
- Attach the AQAMAI pump and adjust it as desired.
- If needed, apply adhesive cable clips on the external side of the aquarium glass. Make sure the glass is clean first.
Installing AQAMAI Pump Controller and Power Supply
- Choose a location underneath your aquarium cabinet free of excessive moisture and/or saltwater creep.
- Using included wood mounting screw, mount the AQAMAI pump controller to stand.
- Connect the pump cable to the AQAMAI controller pump output cable, paying attention to align the two arrows on the connector before plugging in. Then turn the locking nut screw.
- Repeat the operation with the power supply cord.
- Now you can connect the main plug to the main wall socket.
- The AQAMAI controller LED will illuminate white for a while, and turn yellow when the default Constant Flow mode at 50% output starts.
Controller LED Color Code
- Yellow: Constant Flow
- Blinking Orange: Wave Mode
- Purple: Smooth
- Green: Random
- Cyan: Feed
- Blue: Night
Blinking White - 1 Second: Press the AQAMAI controller button for 2 seconds to stop the pump for 10 minutes. Press again to start the pump manually.
Blinking Red - 0.5 Second: Locked Rotor! The controller switches off the pump for one minute, then it tries to power on the pump every minute if needed. In this way, the controller prevents overheating issues. To avoid this kind of inconvenience, remember to periodically clean the rotor and the rotor chamber.
Blinking Blue - 1 Second: Connection Issue! The controller is not able to connect to the network. Check if your router is switched on and operating. Check if the SSID or/and PASSWORD of your home network are not changed.
Blinking Red/Green - 1 second: Hardware Error! Contact Hydor USA customer care
Attention: Before any kind of intervention, ALWAYS disconnect electrical supply of the pump and any other appliance placed in the water. Regular cleaning and maintenance will guarantee the pump better and longer performance. Clean the impeller assembly and the chamber, removing deposits with a soft brush.
Do not use detergents or solvents. If necessary, clean the grid of the lower and upper chamber by putting it under running tap water or using a soft brush to remove algae and/or other residue.
About Hydor AQAMAI
AQAMAI Internet of Tanks
"AQAMAI" is originated from the Hawaiian word [ah-kah-mai'] that means "smart, cool, intelligent". AQAMAI represents a new line of smart devices for your aquarium. AQAMAI is created from a collaboration of the vast experience of the Hydor Group in aquarium technologies since 1984 and the new innovative trend of the Internet of Things.
A unique app can control all of your AQAMAI smart devices directly from your smart phone or tablet (Android and iOS versions). The app is designed to be user-friendly and offers advanced technical capabilities at the same time. It is easy to set up and mange. Simplicity is key to AQAMAI - no need to buy any additional controls to manage your devices.