With Hugology as a standard, the new ComFiTec range provides the perfect blend of science and love. The entire range is designed with comfort and fit in mind, so find out more...Thermi-Heat Lining: The ComFiTec Premier Thinsulate utilizes thermal reflection to help maintain warmth and prevent heat loss, while allowing excess moisture to escape, keeping your horse comfortable in cold weather.
How to Measure your Horse for a Weatherbeeta Blanket
A poorly fitted blanket can cause discomfort for your horse from rubbing, and it could be dangerous if it’s so big it slips or he gets a foot caught in it. Measure your horse using the following guide to determine the correct size.
How To Measure Your Horse for a Blanket or Sheet
- Using a cloth tape measure, have a friend hold the end of the tape in the center of your horse’s chest even with the widest part of his shoulder.
- Bring the tape along one side of his body, and take the measurement at the widest part of his hindquarter where you expect the side of the blanket to end.
- Turnouts are usually sized in 3-inch increments. If your horse is between sizes, choose the smaller size.
How to Fit Your Weatherbeeta Horse Blanket
The perfect-fitting blanket is vital to keep your horse comfortable, protected and performing at his best. A poorly fitted blanket can cause discomfort and rubbing, so it is important to fit your blanket correctly:
How to Care for Your Weatherbeeta Blanket
- First, lay the blanket over your horse’s back. If your horse has never worn a blanket before, you may need someone to help hold him while you carefully make adjustments.
- Buckle the chest straps. It is essential that a blanket fit well in the wither area and shoulders so your horse can move freely underneath the fabric without the blanket slipping back. Adjust the buckles and ensure you can still slide your hand down the neck of the blanket.
- Once you have determined that the blanket fits well around your horse’s neck, slide the blanket into position along his back so his coat lies flat. If the seam between the tail flap and the blanket sits below the top of his tail, the blanket may be too big.
- When fitting a blanket with cross surcingles, care should be taken to ensure that the straps cross in the center of the horse’s belly - well forward of his stifle. Again, there should be a hand’s width between the straps and the horse’s body.
- For blankets with leg straps, take the left leg strap, pass it between the hind legs and fasten it on the left hand side. Take the right leg strap, pass it between the hind legs and through the loop made by the left strap and fasten to the right side. The leg straps are linked to prevent rubbing and act with each other to keep the blanket in place. If you fit the blanket well, it will displace very little through movement and rolling. If the leg straps are too loose, the blanket will slip.
- Adjust the leg straps equally until there is room for the width of one hand (4 to 5 inches) between the leg straps and your horse’s thigh to allow freedom of movement.
Your horse’s turnout blankets may need to be cleaned from time to time - and certainly after each season.
Some blankets can be machine-washed at home, depending on the capacity of your washer and machine specifications. Check your blanket manufacturer’s recommendations. If you are in any doubt, seek out the services of a local professional blanket-washing business to care for your blanket.
To wash your turnout blanket at home:
- Remove excess dirt, mud and hair.
- Remove all detergent buildup from your detergent dispenser.
- Place your blanket in a mesh wash bag to contain all the straps and buckles, protecting them and your machine from damage.
- Machine-wash your blanket in cool water (maximum 85?F) on a gentle cycle using mild soap or a blanket-cleaning wash. (Always follow the manufacturer’s washing instructions.)
- Do not use detergents or fabric conditioners as you risk compromising the waterproof and breathable coating.
- If you find that water no longer beads off the surface of your turnout, re-waterproof your blanket to add durable water repellency and revitalize breathability.
- Line-dry your blanket; do not tumble dry.
WeatherBeeta Heritage, Quality & Innovation . . .
More than 35 years ago, three dedicated and passionate equestrian devotees joined forces to embark on a goal to deliver high quality and innovate equestrian products. They envisioned a clear opportunity to provide durable, comfortable, lightweight and innovative horse blankets rather than accepting only the traditional designs available at the time. This redefined the blanket market and transformed the industry and the way horses are protected for years to come.
From here WeatherBeeta was born, as was the first synthetic designed horse blanket. This was a pioneering development that many brands have tried to imitate.
Their vast expertise continued to grow from those early days, recognizing that all horses are different and that your horses’ well-being and your peace of mind is at stake, this will always be at the heart of the WeatherBeeta brand.
From the initial synthetic turnout blankets developed 35 years ago, WeatherBeeta has continued to lead the way in quality and innovation and is now proudly distributed in more than 30 countries worldwide.
Numerous years of experience and extensive research in laboratories has gone into developing WeatherBeeta products to ensure they pass the strictest quality controls with flying colors. WeatherBeeta tests and introduces the strongest and most durable fabrics, superior waterproofness and breathability, utilize computer stitching technologies to ensure the highest strength in seam construction and major pressure points and all seams are sealed to ensure the ultimate waterproofness and protection.
Your horse’s well being and protection, no matter what the weather throws at us, is at the heart of everything WeatherBeeta does.
WeatherBeeta continuously tests their products against competitors so WeatherBeeta knows they deliver the best quality, stamping their product with the WeatherBeeta guarantee.
WeatherBeeta understands the toughest critics are your horses and you, so they continue to spend countless time out in the field with horses and owners to completely understand the owners' requirements as well as the natural movement, needs of horses, environment and their behavior. All to ensure WeatherBeeta continues to provide the ultimate innovation, durability, style and fit for you and your horse, no matter what your conditions.
Whatever your horse throws at us, WeatherBeeta will have a blanket that fulfills their needs.
The WeatherBeeta brand continues to define the blanket market with the widest range of products available from the Innovative Freestyle system through to the quintessential classics of the Originals and Genero offering WeatherBeeta quality at an affordable price.
Rest assured, the WeatherBeeta bloodline dates back more than 35 years and they promise to protect your horse and you now and into the future.