Enjoy an easy and economical way to combat deadly ammonia in freshwater aquariums. API AMMO-CHIPS improve aquarium filtration by continuously removing deadly ammonia. Simply place in filter inside media basket or in a filter media bag to maintain aquarium water quality free of toxic ammonia. Recharge in a salt solution to restore ammonia-removing capabilities up to five times!
Use API AMMO-CHIPS when setting up a new freshwater aquarium or in established aquariums when ammonia is detected. For freshwater aquariums and ornamental ponds.
Shop all Aquarium Filter Media.
API AMMO-CHIPS improves aquarium filtration by continuously removing deadly ammonia. API AMMO-CHIPS may be reused after being recharged in a salt solution following directions below. Use API AMMO-CHIPS to remove ammonia in freshwater aquarium and ornamental ponds.
When to Use
Use API AMMO-CHIPS when setting up a new aquarium or in established aquariums when ammonia is detected.
Use 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of API ACTIVATED FILTER CARBON for each 10 US gallons of aquarium water or pond water.
- Rinse thoroughly under cool tap water to remove any loose dust. NOTE: API AMMO-CHIPS does not need to rinse clear.
- Place in filter inside filter cartridge or in a filter media bag. Follow filter manufacturer's instructions.
- Replace or recharge every 5-days, or sooner for heavily stocked aquariums, or when ammonia is detected.
Directions to Recharge API AMMO-CHIPS
- Dissolve 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of API AQUARIUM SALT in 1/2 US gallon of water.
- Soak API AMMO-CHIPS in the salt solution for 2-hours, ensuring that the API AMMO-CHIPS are completely submerged.
- Rinse under tap water and reuse. NOTE: Replace API AMMO-CHIPS when recharging does not restore full ammonia removing capabilities or after five recharges.
Ammonia in an aquarium is produced by fish waste, uneaten food and organic debris as well as from chloramines in tap water. Even trace amounts of ammonia stress fish, suppressing their immune system and increasing the likelihood of disease. High levels of ammonia quickly lead to fish death. Test water weekly with an API AMMONIA TEST KIT or TEST STRIPS, and replace or recharge API AMMO-CHIPS when testing indicates the presence of ammonia. When adding fish, use API AMMO LOCK to instantly detoxify ammonia. AMMO LOCK is scientifically proven to protect fish cells from toxic ammonia.
About Mars Fishcare API Aquarium Pharmaceuticals
For over 50 years, API has been a leader in the Aquatics industry developing and perfecting products and solutions for indoor aquariums. API's family of products includes treatments, testing, nutrition, and equipment and pond products.
The research and development scientists at API have pioneered scientific studies on aquarium treatments that have led to significant advances in the care of ornamental fish. This work has garnered over 25 global patents for breakthrough innovations in the aquatic industry.
API continues to look for ways to improve the fishkeeping experience for everyone. API recently developed the Easy Care Guide for a simple way to care for your aquarium. Easy to follow symbols help correlate in store products with at home care. These steps will show you how to simplify aquarium care so you can spend more time enjoying the beauty of your aquarium.