Convenient battery operation and intelligent 2-in-1 design streamlines aquarium maintenance. Fluval AquaVAC+ Water Changer & Gravel Cleaner performs double duty as a battery powered gravel cleaner and water change system. Hand held gravel cleaner is perfect for quick on-the-spot cleaning. Easily convert to a water changer for complete aquarium maintenance. Simple flip of the switch starts the siphon in "water changer mode" for easy start up and less mess to clean up!
Fluval AquaVAC+ Water Changer & Gravel Cleaner is submersible and fully waterproof to a depth of 36 inches. Battery-operated unit runs on two "C" batteries (included), operating continuously for up to four hours. For use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
Fluval AquaVAC+ Water Changer & Gravel Cleaner measures 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 14-3/4" long and 18-1/8" long with 4" Mini Nozzle and 22" long with 8" Long Nozzle attachment.
- Fully-submersible waterproof vacuum up to a depth of 36" - traps plant debris, excess food, fish waste and more.
- Removable integrated filter cartridge - easily detaches for waste disposal and rinsing.
- For best results, the replaceable Fine Filter Pad removes even the finest of particles for an extreme clean.
- Built-in, automated water change system - no siphoning or annoying mess to clean up. 4 foot hosing included for easy tank-to-bucket water changes.
- Cordless operation - includes 2 "C" batteries.
- Interchangeable nozzles (4" and 8") for shallow or deeper aquariums.
- Retractable hanging hook.
- Easy-grip handle.
- For use in both fresh and saltwater aquariums.
- AquaVAC+ Water Changer & Gravel Cleaner
- 4" Mini Nozzle
- 8" Long Nozzle
- 4 ft length of 1/2" dia. Hosing
- 2 x "C" Batteries
- Fine Filter Pad
- Foam Pad
NOTE: Not recommended to use on aquarium gravel finer than 2mm. Not suitable for fine sand or fine gravel.
Shop all Aquarium Maintenance Products.
Quick Usage Guide
For Quick On-the-Spot Cleaning
- Ideal for removing plant debris, excess food, and large waste particles.
- Helps extend intervals between water changes to help reduce overall aquarium maintenance.
- Inset the Nozzle into the gravel*; move it gently back and forth along the bottom of the aquarium. *Not recommended for fine sand or fine gravel.
- Suction action picks up and removes waste and debris, trapping it in the Filter Cartridge while allowing the water to pass through back into the aquarium.
Complete Aquarium Maintenance Made Easy
Regular water changes are important as they remove and reduce harmful toxins such as ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate caused by decaying organic waste, as well as other pollutants that can create hazardous environment for aquarium inhabitants.
- Connect Hosing - Remove Siphon cap; connect Hosing.
- Turn Lever - Flip Bypass Lever to "DOWN" position.
Change between 10-20% of the total aquarium water, once or twice a month.