Aquarium pump of the future boasts intelligent, powerful, and energy-efficient design. EcoTech Marine Vectra L1 Centrifugal Pump delivers outstanding performance enhanced by unprecedented controllability and interconnectivity for a truly one-of-a-kind experience. Energy-efficient centrifugal pump features EcoTech QuietDrive technology for extreme quiet operation and advanced preset modes for versatile use for return or closed loop applications up to 3,100 gph. Use submersed (internal) or inline (external).
EcoTech Marine Vectra L1 Centrifugal Pump boasts sophisticated electronic control to ensure energy-efficient and optimized operation. Vectra Pump Driver allows convenient push-button control for fully adjustable flow rates and easy access to Return Pump or Closed Loop configurations each with convenient preset modes.
Wirelessly connect to EcoSmart Live, web-based aquarium command center from EcoTech Marine, via EcoTech Marine ReefLink to control your Vectra pump from anywhere in the world through a computer or mobile device (iOS and Android supported). Receive performance and status alerts right to your mobile device or computer for real time active feedback.
Vectra Modes (Return Pump Modes & Closed Loop Modes)
Return Pump Modes
- Constant Speed Mode: Constant Speed mode is the default mode of the Vectra. This mode makes the Vectra pump produce flow at a constant speed that is determined by the position of the dial.
- Feed Mode: At the touch of a button, the Vectra pump will temporarily pause the current mode and idle, allowing food to be added to the tank without being cycled into the overflow and filtration.
- Speed Lock gives you the ability to lock in a desired speed on the pump by disabling the Control Dial, protecting you from accidental and not so accidental unwanted changes in speed.
- ESL via Mobile Device: All Vectra pumps are compatible with ReefLink. ReefLink provides wireless access to the world of EcoSmart Live, the web-based aquarium command center from EcoTech Marine.
- Battery Backup Mode: Blizzard. Hurricane. A motorist hits a utility pole. Stuff happens. The power goes off. . . . Vectra pumps are compatible with EcoTech Battery Backup.
- Lagoonal Random: Lagoonal random Mode simulates a low-energy lagoon environment. The speed of the pump is changed slowly to recreate the gentle current of a lagoon.
- Reef Crest Random: Reef Crest Random Mode simulates a high-energy reef environment. The pump will change speed frequently and drastically to simulate crashing waves and surging tide. This mode is a favorite of SPS coral.
- Gyre: Gyre Mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform clockwise and counterclockwise flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between two seconds and two hours.
Flow: 3,100 gph (11,500 lph)
Max Head Pressure: 21.5 feet (6.5 m)
Input: 1-1/2" (38 mm) QuickCouple
Output: 1" (25 mm) QuickCouple
Wattage: 130 watts
Included with the Vectra Pump are QuickCouple components. These fitted couplers provide the flexibility to make installation, cleaning and adjustments a breeze. The Vectra also boasts the ability to rotate the volute of the pump to adapt to the needs of your plumbing setup.
- Easy Connection
- Fast Setup
- Quick Disassembly
- British Standard Pipe Threading
Return Pump or Closed Loop
The Vectra can be installed and operated as a return pump or as closed loop flow pump.
- Two distinct operational configurations
- Return Pump features calibration and Speed Lock
- Closed Loop features random and pulsing modes
Inline or Submersible
Vectra pumps feature a sealed motor and magnetic drive for internal and external operation as a return pump for Closed Loop flow. The Vectra's flexibility will fit your needs for just about any setup that you wish to achieve.
The Vectra driver features EcoTech's QuietDrive technology.
- Choose between Return Pump or Closed Loop configuration
- Access Vectra operational modes including Feed Mode
- QD Technology minimizes DC motor noise
- Fully adjustable flow
- Communicates with other QD and EcoSmart compatible devices
EcoSmart Live Compatible
EcoSmart Live is EcoTech Marine's web-based aquarium command center. It allows you to control your Vectra pumps, VorTech pumps and Radion LED lighting from anywhere in the world through a computer or mobile device (iOS and Android supported). EcoSmart Live is loaded with features such as setup guides, flow and lighting wizards, specialty modes, and the ability to create new modes with just the click of a mouse or tap of a finger.
Get real time information about your lighting and pumps or wirelessly update your product's firmware. Having issues getting the coral growth that you expect? EcoTech Marine's award winning customer service staff can log into your account and suggest changes for you.
Battery Backup Compatible
In an aquarium with no flow, fish and corals begin to die in as little as 4 to 10 hours*. The Battery Backup is reef tank insurance in aluminum housing.
By adding the Battery Backup**, your tank is insulated from power interruptions, helping protect your valuable investment - and your tank inhabitants.
*Hours are estimated and will vary depending on battery life, pump mode and other factors.
** For best performance when in return pump configuration, a Vectra Battery Backup Booster is required.
The Vectra Advantage
- Cost Savings: Traditional AC pumps when used as a return pump for your sump are flow controlled using a choke valve. This is method of control is inherently inefficient for two reasons. 1) The AC pump purchased must often be over-powered for your given setup to allow for flexibility. 2) By adding artificial impedance to your flow, electricity is wasted. The Vectra pump will always operate at the optimum efficiency because there is no need to use a flow-restricting valve to achieve your desired flow rate.
- Active Feedback: When used with the ReefLink, your Vectra pump can send you performance and status alerts right to your mobile device or computer. Your return pump is the heart of your aquarium; the faster you hear about an unexpected issue the more successful you will be as an aquarist.
- Quiet Operation
Your Vectra Centrifugal Pump is designed to operate optimally with little attention after initial setup; however, due to the harsh conditions of a saltwater aquarium and resulting buildup of algae and other organic matter, it is advisable to clean the pump to ensure the longevity of your purchase.
EcoTech recommends doing a cleaning every 6 months or so as necessary.
This can be accomplished by opening the Impeller Housing and gently brushing the Impeller and inside of Impeller Housing with a soft brush under running water. If there is calcium buildup, it may be necessary to soak these parts in a mild acid solution such as vinegar.
Do not use strong acids, because these may damage the components.
After cleaning, reassemble the Vectra.