As dogs age, they may require food designed to help reduce nutrient excesses that could be harmful to their system. For example, high levels of sodium, phosphorus and protein can cause increased workload in the kidneys and heart.
Kidneys are very important to the health of your dogs, because they remove waste substances from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
The heart is the most important organ in your pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your dog's lifestyle and mood.
This food has increased levels of Omega-3 fatty acids to support kidney health and added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your older dog's kidneys and heart for overall health.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
Prescription Diet Foods are made in U.S. facilities with ingredients from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, which exceed industry standards for purity and nutrient content.
Water, Corn Flour, Pork Liver, Rice, Pork By-Products, Turkey, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Chicken Fat, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Iodized Salt, Taurine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Beta-Carotene
Protein: Min. 4.0 %
Fat: Min. 2.0 %
Crude Fiber: Max. 1.2 %
The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Daily Feeding Guide:
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
|Weight of Dog
||Amount Per Day
|5 lb (2.3 kg)
||1/2 - 5/8 can
|10 lb (4.5 kg)
||3/4 - 1 can
|15 lb (6.8 kg)
||1 - 1-1/3 cans
|20 lb (9.1 kg)
||1-1/4 - 1-3/4 cans
|30 lb (14 kg)
||1-3/4 - 2-1/3 cans
|40 lb (18 kg)
||2-1/4 - 3 cans
|50 lb (23 kg)
||2-1/2 - 3-1/2 cans
|60 lb (27 kg)
||3 - 4 cans
|70 lb (32 kg)
||3-1/4 - 4-1/2 cans
|80 lb (36 kg)
||3-2/3 - 5 cans
|100 lb (45 kg)
||4-1/4 - 5-3/4 cans
Use only as directed by your veterinarian.
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet g/d Canine Early Cardiac-Healthy Aging provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.