Food sensitivities and intolerance are potentially serious problems that can result in sensitive or irritated skin, coat and ear conditions or even gastrointestinal upset. Dogs that have food sensitivities or intolerance, also called adverse reactions to food, typically experience an abnormal response to the protein in the food. If your dog suffers from adverse reaction to food, it is even more important to feed the right food.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition to help manage your dog's dietary sensitivity and help reduce the possibility of adverse reactions to food. This complete and balanced food provides all the nutrition dogs need.
Prescription Diet Foods are made in U.S. facilities with ingredients from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, which exceed industry standards for purity and nutrient content.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Glyceryl Monostearate, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), DL-Methionine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
Protein: Min. 14.5 %
Fat: Min. 10.0 %
Crude Fiber: Max. 6.0 %
Vitamin E: Min. 500 IU/kg
Total Omega-6 FA: Min. 3.00 %
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of z/d Canine ULTRA contains 3.1 oz. by weight.
Daily Feeding Guidelines:
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
|Weight of Dog
||Amount per Day
|5 lb (2.3 kg)
||1/2 cup (45 g) - 3/4 cup (65 g)
|10 lb (4.5 kg)
||7/8 cup (75 g) - 1 1/4 cups (110 g)
|15 lb (6.8 kg)
||1 1/4 cups (110 g) - 1 3/4 cups (155 g)
|20 lb (9.1 kg)
||1 1/2 cups (130 g) - 2 1/4 cups (200 g)
|30 lb (14 kg)
||2 cups (175 g) - 3 cups (265 g)
|40 lb (18 kg)
||2 2/3 cups (235 g) - 3 2/3 cups (325 g)
|50 lb (23 kg)
||3 cups (265 g) - 4 1/4 cups (375 g)
|60 lb (27 kg)
||3 1/2 cups (310 g) - 5 cups (440 g)
|70 lb (32 kg)
||4 cups (350 g) - 5 1/2 cups (485 g)
|80 lb (36 kg)
||4 1/3 cups (380 g) - 6 cups (530 g)
|100 lb (45 kg)
||5 1/4 cups (460 g) - 7 1/4 cups (640 g)
Use only as directed by your veterinarian.
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet z/d Canine ULTRA provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.>