This combination wormer and boticide provides long-acting protection for your horse. Quest Plus Gel is easy to give and controls worms, bots, small strongyle larvae and eggs PLUS tapeworms. This broad-spectrum wormer/boticide reduces eggs to minimize bio burden on pasture.
It contains a combination of moxidectin and praziquantel to give broad-spectrum protection. Quest Plus is the only FDA-approved product that kills encysted small strongyles and tapeworms in a single tube.
Quest Plus is effective in the treatment and control of the following stages of gastrointestinal parasites in horses and ponies:
- Large Strongyles
- Small Strongyles
- Stomach Worms
- Encysted Small Strongyles
Because it is a combination product in a single tube, you give fewer times, so there is less stress on your horse. The Sure-Dial Syringe has easy to read weight measurements so you give the right dose every time.
Each 0.4 mg tube is 20 mg moxidectin and 125 mg praziquantel. 0.4 oz treats 1,250 lbs.
Shop all horse wormers.
Administration and dosage:
The syringe is calibrated in 50-lb increments, up to 1,250 lbs. This enables the administration of the recommended dose level by choosing a setting consistent with the animal's weight.
How to set the dose:
Since the dose is based on the weight of the animal, you need to use a scale or weight tale to find each animal's weight before treating. Once the weight is known, set the dose for each horse or pony as follows.
How to give to a horse or pony
- Hold the syringe with the capped end pointing to the left and so that you can see the weight measurements and tick marks (small black lines).
- Turn the blue dial ring until the left side of the ring lines up with the weight.
- Make sure there is no feed in the animal's mouth.
- Remove the cap from the end of the syringe. Save the cap for reuse.
- Place the tip of the syringe inside the animal's mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Gently push the plunger until it stops, depositing the gel on the back of the tongue.
- Remove the syringe from the animal's mouth and raise the animal's head slightly to make sure it swallows the gel.
- Replace the syringe cap.