Wellness Core Grain Free Turkey, Turkey Meal & Duck Dry Cat Food delivers thoughtful protein-focused nutrition packed with a high concentration of quality animal protein (deboned turkey, turkey meal, peas, potato protein, duck, and pork meal). Grain-free kibble boasts high-quality ingredients with a balanced nutritional profile to support your cat's inner well-being. Nutrient-dense formulation contains no fillers or grains and is fortified with a proprietary blend of botanicals and nutritional supplements.
Recommended for adult cats.
Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Peas, Potato Protein, Potatoes, Canola Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Tomato Pomace, Duck, Pork Meal, Ground Flaxseed, Natural Turkey Flavor, Cranberries, Chicory Root Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, and Spearmint Extract.
|| 38.0% min
|| 18.0% min
| Crude Fiber
|| 6.0% max
|| 11.0% max
|| 1.80% max
|| 1.10% max
|| 0.12% max
|| 200 IU/kg min
|| 0.10% min
| Omega 6 Fatty Acids*
|| 3.00% min
| Omega 3 Fatty Acids*
|| 1.00% min
|| 2 mg/kg min
| Total Lactic Acid Microorganisms*
|| 90,000,000 CFU/lb min
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
This food is formulated for adult, non-reproducing cats over the age of one year old as kittens and pregnant or nursing mothers have special nutritional requirements. It is important to slowly transition your cat from his/her current diet as it takes a few days for the body to adapt to new nutrient levels. To transition, gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Wellness CORE each day, so that you are feeding 100% Wellness CORE by day 7.
CORE is highly palatable, so your cat may tend to eat more of this food. Watch initially to see if you need to adjust regular eating patterns. Give your cat access to clean, cool fresh water at all times and feed Wellness CORE wet food in combination whenever possible, to increase the level of water in your cat's diet. Nutrition is the foundation of well-being, but be sure to give your cat plenty of love, exercise and see your veterinarian regularly.
Recommended Feeding Portions (based on standard 8 oz measuring cup):
Feeding Guidelines (Based on a standard 8 oz. dry measuring cup)
Cats over 15 lbs:
| Age in Months
|| Dry Food Alone
|| Combination Feeding
| 4 - 7
|| 1/4 to 1/2 cup
|| 1/4 cup + 3 oz can
| 7 - 10
|| 1/2 to 2/3 cup
|| 1/2 cup + 3 oz can
| 10 - 15
|| 2/3 to 3/4 cup
|| 3/4 cup + 3 oz can
Add approximately 1/4 cup for each additional 2 lbs of body weight.
This food contains 3,706 kcal/kg or 411 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as fed basis (calculated).
What is Protein-Focused Nutrition?
Why is CORE different?
- Wellness CORE is based on the nutritional philosophy that pets, based on their primal ancestry, thrive on a diet mainly comprised of meat. Each formula is packed with a high concentration of quality animal protein, without fillers or grains, along with a proprietary blend of botanicals and nutritional supplements.
- This unique, grain-free recipe supports and nurtures your pet's insides…their essence…their core.
- To create a protein-focused diet the Wellness Way, Wellness Pet Food carefully controls the quality and quantity of the ingredients used, and pays close attention to the individual properties of each inclusion. From source to bowl, Wellness Pet Food makes no exceptions!
- If you are looking for a food with more meat and no grains, CORE is truly a more thoughtful alternative. This diet delivers the meat content you're looking for, while creating a balanced profile of high quality, natural ingredients appropriate for everyday feeding.
- Supports your pet's inner well-being.
- In a word… balance. Unlike many grain-free diets, Wellness Pet Food considered your pet's whole health by ensuring the overall nutritional equation remains appropriate for everyday feeding. Higher protein can also mean higher fat, minerals and calories. By thoughtfully selecting specialized ingredients and managing nutritional ratios, CORE delivers protein-focused nutrition thoughtfully - with balance, not excess.
- This is grain-free nutrition the Wellness Way - thoughtfully balanced, nutrient-dense and created from the highest quality, cutting-edge natural ingredients. A diet so unique you can see it in your pet's weight, coat, digestion and overall radiance. Unlock your pet's core health with Wellness CORE.
- Wellness Pet Food is proud to offer this choice in the Wellness line of natural food for pets. This diet supports the continued belief that thoughtfully balanced natural nutrition is the foundation of well-being, happiness and longevity we want for all of our family members, including our animals.