Stylish re-engineered protein skimmer boasts space-saving recirculating design for enhanced aquarium water quality. Innovative Marine Aqua Gadget SkimMate Ghost Recirculating Protein Skimmer is loaded with performance-driven features designed to propel organics out of aquarium water. Needle wheel impeller and bubble plate diffuser generates a plethora of waste-grabbing micro-bubbles while the recirculating chamber reuses excess micro bubbles to ensure dense foam production. Enlarged integrated air silencer box and suspended pump design reduce noise and vibration.
Innovative Marine Aqua Gadget SkimMate Ghost Recirculating Protein Skimmer is a drop-in, ready-to-skim internal (in sump) skimmer available in three sizes to accommodate desktop, mid-size, and full-size aquariums up to 120 gallons. Conveniently installs within the designated skimmer column of select Innovative Marine all-in-one aquariums.
- Recirculating Design - Passively recirculates bubbles for maximum dwell time
- Drop-In Convenience - Preset to optimal water level and eliminates the need for extra accessories
- Enlarged Air Silencer Box - Integrated into the skimmer's body for a seamless look while reducing noise
- Bubble Plate Diffuser - Reduces turbulence inside skimmer to improve skimmate production
- Adjustable Air Valve - Provides air intake control
- Needle Wheel Impeller - Produces dense micro bubbles
- Cup Drain Elbow - Prevents overflows
- Airline Management - Keeps airline organized and "kink free"
- Suspended Pump Design - Reduces vibration
- Self-Draining - Eliminates messy maintenance
- Low Profile Cup Design - Keeps your skimmer hidden from view
||Tank Sizeup to
With IM Tank
||Pump Flow Rate
||Fusion 30L & 40
||3.62" x 3.07" x 11.22" high
||3.62" x 3.07" x 11.22" high
|FullSize SkimMate (Mfg# 7205)
||SR60, 80 & 120
||5.39" x 3.74" x 14.57" high
*Please Note: The Aqua Gadget SkimMate Ghost Skimmer DeskTop [#7203] will not fit the 1st generation Nano 16 (Gen 1 Nano 16 serial numbers are between 7/11/xxxx/xxxx - 11/12/xxxx/xxxx).
Shop all Aquarium Skimmers.
Unpacking and Inspection
Please inspect your new SkimMate Ghost Protein Skimmer for damages and to confirm all parts are included before installation.
Your SkimMate Ghost includes:
- Skimmer Cup w/ Lid, O-Ring & Safety Drain & Cap
- Skimmer Body
- Venturi Air Line
- Bubble Plate
- Skimmer Pump
How Your SkimMate Ghost Series Protein Skimmer Works
- Water enters submerged water pump.
- Venturi Air Valve injects air bubbles into water.
- The skimmer's Needle Wheel Impeller chops incoming air bubbles into smaller bubbles.
- The Bubble Plate decreases turbulence to increase reaction time and helps produce better skimmate.
- Micro bubbles bind with organics inside Bubble Column and begin to rise.
- Cup Neck allows foam to accumulate and reduce turbulence.
- Venturi Air Valve allows you to set the water level within the skimmer (DeskTop and Midsize Only).
- The Collection Cup is where waste accumulates for easy removal.
- Safety Drain Fitting prevents overflowing of Collection Cup.
- Excess micro bubbles are sucked into Recirculating Chamber and are reused to create denser foam.
- Clean water is outputted back into aquarium system.
Setting Water Level
In order for the SkimMate Ghost to run effectively, Innovative Marine recommends that your water line be adjusted below the Collection Cup. This allows micro bubbles to accumulate and rise up the neck of the collection cup.
You can adjust the height of your Collection Cup to your desired height level by moving the Collection Cup up and down and setting it with the O-Ring.
Cleaning the Collection Cup
It is recommended to empty your Collection Cup once a week or as needed.
- Unplug your SkimMate pump from electrical outlet.
- Gently lift the Collection Cup upward from the skimmer body to remove cup.
- Wash out the contents of Collection Cup with warm water.
- Replace Collection Cup by lowering cup back into skimmer body and readjust cup height.
Cleaning / Removing Skimmer Pump
- Unplug SkimMate Pump from electrical outlet before performing any maintenance.
- Remove skimmer out from designated skimmer column.
- Let water that is in the main body of skimmer drain.
- Remove Collection Cup and disconnect pump from Bubble Plate by turning Bubble Plate counter clockwise (FullSize Only).
- Carefully disconnect venturi airline from skimmer body.
- Remove pump.
Removing Needle Wheel Impeller
- Carefully turn Pump Cap counter clockwise and remove to gain access to the Needle Wheel Impeller.*
- Remove Needle Wheel Impeller from Motor.
- Remove Needle Wheel Shaft (FullSize Only).
*CAUTION: When removing Pump Cap, rotate cap counterclockwise using the edges of Pump Cap. Do not rotate cap using the Venturi Inlet. This may cause the Venturi Inlet to break and will void your warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a "Break in Period?"
Protein skimmers generally require a 7 to 14 day* "Break in Period" for peak performance. Although, you may start producing foam and light skimmate within a few days of installation, the goal is to extract the darkest waste into the collection cup. During this period, you may experience micro bubbles being released back into the aquarium. Please be patient as this will normally reside and completely stop after the "Break in Period."
*Results may vary depending on aquarium
Q. How long should I wait before adding a skimmer?
A. You should install your SkimMate Ghost protein skimmer one month after your tank cycles.
Q. Why is my collection cup overflowing?
A. Protein skimmers will react to changes in the water chemistry often causing excess wet foam causing the Collection Cup to overflow. Please use caution when adding liquid additives, excess food, and medications.
Always remember to wash your hands thoroughly, as oils and soap residue will cause the protein skimmer to overflow.
Make sure the Air Valve is opened and not clogged with salt deposit. Restricted airline will cause more water to enter the main skimmer body, which may also cause the protein skimmer to overflow.
Q. Why do I hear the pump rattling?
A. The shaft and/or needle-wheel impeller may be damaged causing irregular spinning and leading to excess rattling. Unplug protein skimmer and check pump.