Tired of cordless clippers losing their power halfway through a clipping session? Get yourself the Oster pet clipper that runs on an eco- friendly Lithium+Ion battery. This means longer run time than NiCd batteries, with sustained power throughout use (no declines in power as the battery loses charge).
Ergonomically designed clipper features a single speed rotary motor ideal for rugged use in dog grooming, equine and large animal environments.
Lithium+Ion batteries lose the least amount of power when not in use, which reduces the number of charge and discharge cycles the battery goes through for longer clipper life. Heavy-duty cordless power clipper runs up to 2 hours on a single charge while also providing quick charge capability to extend your cordless cutting capabilities. Eco-friendly battery includes no lead or cadmium. Clipper measures 8.25" long.
Kit includes detachable size 10 blade, cleaning brush, cleaning oil, charging dock with AC adaptor, and instruction manual.
Charging the Clipper
- Plug the power cord of the charging stand into an outlet with the rated voltage for your unit.
- Ensure that the switch on the unit is in the "Off" position.
- Test the contacts of the clipper and the battery for foreign particles and contamination.
- Insert clipper with the battery inserted into the charging stand so that the top of the unit is facing you and the contacts on the clipper are aligned with the contacts on the charging stand. The top of the unit is the side with the switch.
- While the unit is being charged the LED will display a red solid light until fully charged. Once the battery is fully charged, the LED will display a continuous green light and is ready for use. This charging stand has one control LED.
About the Li+Ion Battery
To ensure the new battery reaches its full potential, the battery should be completely drained after the first use. This operation will only have to be performed once.
It will take no more than 120 minutes for the battery to be fully charged when fully discharged.
Additionally, to ensure the longevity of this powerful battery, the clipper must be operated with properly cleaned, sharpened and oiled blades at all times. When the battery is fully charged, the clipper can be used for up to 2 hours without recharging. This capacity is typically attained after approx. 1 - 5 charging cycles.
- Remove the clipper from the charging stand. The charging stand LED should stay green or switch to red when the spare battery (not included) is not fully loaded.
- Turn the clipper on using the ON/OFF switch located on the top of the unit and use the clipper.
- Turn off the clipper after use.
- Cover the blades with the provided blade guard to protect the blades.
- Insert clipper into charging stand.
Insufficient lubrication of the clipper head will cause heating and reduces durability of the clipper and blades, as well as a reduction of the battery runtime.
Therefore, the blades must be oiled before, during, and after every use. If the blades of the clipper are leaving stripes or are running with reduced speed, this is a signal that oil is required. Place a few drops of oil over and laterally on the clipper blades. Wipe off the excessive oil with a smooth, dry cloth. Lubrication sprays do not have sufficient oil for a good lubrication, but will be sufficient for cooling the blades. Immediately change damaged or serrated blades to avoid injuries.
To remove: Lift blade away from clipper, and slide off tongue.
To replace: Turn motor on, insert blade on tongue and fully insert blade then snap blade into place.
To receive optimal clipping results and to increase clipper life, it is necessary to apply a thin coat of oil between top and bottom blade. Also clean clipper heads and hinge between clippings.