Streamline aquarium ORP measurement while staying within your budget. Milwaukee Instruments Portable ORP Meter offers a simple and affordable way to measure aquarium ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential) levels. Portable, electronic ORP meter boasts convenient battery-powered operation for quick and reliable ORP measurement without tangling power cords or the need for an electrical outlet. Essential equipment for aquariums employing ozone injection or for any hobbyist maintaining a low-nutrient system.
Milwaukee Instruments Portable ORP Meter is a precision electronic device featuring a faster processor and a large easy-to-read LCD screen. Lightweight, ergonomic unit is factory calibrated and features a longer battery life of approximately 300 hours of use.
Milwaukee Instruments Portable ORP Meter includes ORP Meter, SE-300 Platinum ORP Electrode with 1 Meter Cable, and a 9V Alkaline Battery.
|| ±5 mV
|Typical EMC Deviation:
|| SE-300 (Included)
||0 to 50°C, 95% RH max.
||1 x 9V alkaline (included)
|| Approximately 300 hours of use
|| 3-1/8" x 1-1/4"x 5-5/8" high
Additional Calibration Solution, Rinse Solutions and Storage Solution available here.
Shop all Aquarium Controllers and Monitors.
- The ORP meter is supplied compete with a 9V battery. Slide off the Battery Compartment Cover located in the back of the meter. Install the battery into the Battery Clip Connector while observing polarity.
- Always remove the Electrode Protective Cap before taking any measurement. If the electrode has been left dry, soak the tip (2.5 cm) in Storage Solution for a few minutes to reactivate it.
- Connect the ORP Electrode to the BNC socket on the top of the meter.
- Immerse the tip (2.5 cm) of the ORP Electrode into the sample.
- Turn the instrument on by pressing the ON/OFF key.
- Allow the reading to stabilize before taking measurements.
- After use, switch the meter off and store the electrode with a few drops of Storage Solution in the Protective Cap.
- The OPR Meter is factory calibrated. ORP Electrodes are interchangeable and no mV calibration is needed when they are replaced.
- The surface of the ORP Electrode must always be clean. Use an Electrode Rinse Solution for this purpose. If needed, clean the Platinum Tip with very fine abrasive paper.
- When not in use, the tip (reference junction) of the electrode should always be kept moist and safe from any mechanical stress.
When the battery becomes weak, the ORP meter will display a Low Battery Indicator Icon. The battery has about 50 hours of working time left. A low battery will result in unreliable measurements. Prompt battery replacement is required.
Battery replacement must only take place in a non-hazardous area using an Alkaline 9V Battery.
Turn the ORP meter off, and then slide off the Battery Compartment Cover located at the rear of the meter and replace the 9V Battery with a new one. Make sure the battery contacts are fully engaged in the connector, seat the Battery in its compartment and replace the cover.