Rubble-sized pieces of high quality aragonitic calcium carbonate allow versatile use for your aquarium projects. CaribSea Rubble Zone is your perfect choice whether you're looking to aquascape, add a productive refugium, create a cryptic zone filter, provide additional buffering capacity for stable pH, or simply to boost biological filtration. The possibilities are only limited to your imagination!
CaribSea Rubble Zone boasts many beneficial uses thanks to its very porous aragonitic calcium carbonate structure. Perfect as a natural biological filter media and buffering agent, CaribSea Rubble Zone is ideal for supporting efficient biological filtration or proper pH in marine aquariums, brackish water setups, African cichlid tanks as well as ponds. Naturally pleasing shapes make it great for rockwork for aquarium landscaping or for anchoring coral frags. Natural assorted pieces. Average size of each rock varies between approximately 1-1/2 to 4 inches.
Please Note: CaribSea Rubble Zone is sold by volume. Quantity and size of rubble will vary.
Shop all Aquarium Substrate.
CaribSea Rubble Zone tips for use in Saltwater
Rinse well before use.
- As a Display: Place as desired on bottom of aquarium, one or two large pieces of live rock surrounded by Rubble Zone makes an impressive display.
- Refugium Use: Place along the bottom of the refugium or in a pile. It makes an excellent substrate for macroalgae holdfasts and a superb growing area for copepods and other benthic food sources.
- Cryptic Zone: In a crowded refugium, you may use in its container! Simply remove the label and drill several 1/4" to 1/2" holes in the container itself. Refill with Rubble Zone and place in an area of good flow within your sump!
- For Entertaining Burrowing Fish and Inverts: Place into an empty aquarium and then add fine sand to fill in the void space for a total depth of 3-4 inches. You can use the entire aquarium bottom, or just a section.
- As a Sub-Structure: Use to stabilize rock formations.
- For Coral Propagation: Use Rubble Zone to anchor new coral frags.
CaribSea Rubble Zone tips for use in Freshwater
Rinse well before use.
Note: CaribSea Rubble Zone contains aragonitic calcium carbonate rubble and will raise pH in freshwater. Do not use is soft water aquaria.
- African Cichlid Tanks: Place as desired on bottom of aquarium to provide cover for smaller fish or to help prevent larger fish from disturbing finer substrates. May also be used in the aquarium filter for biological and pH support. Rubble Zone can also be placed in a pile in a corner for the aquarium for interesting hiding places and secure nesting areas.
- Pond Use: Place Rubble Zone in pond filter for both biological support and support of pond pH.
- Brackish Water Tanks: Place Rubble Zone as desired in aquarium. May also be used in the aquarium filter for biological and pH support.