Soothe minor skin irritation and insect bites for fun summer with kitty! Doggles Hot Spot Cream helps to heal hot spots, minor irritations, and insect bites common during moist and warm summer months. All-natural cream is also great for soothing pain, reducing swelling and inflammation or moisturizing dry skin.
Doggles Hot Spot Cream is a nontoxic, non-greasy formula, free of steroids and fragrance. Simply rub on skin for minor irritations. All-natural cream for cats and dogs. Made in the USA.
Shop all Cat Skin and Coat Products.
Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Water, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Plant Protein, Methylparaben. Propylparaben, Panthenol, Citric Acid.
How to Repair Your Cat's Skin & Coat Damage
Drs. Foster & Smith Educational Staff
How skin gets damaged
Veterinarians see a cat more often for skin disorders than those of any other organ. Skin can be damaged in a variety of ways, including bite wounds, abrasions, tearing, infections, and allergies. When skin is damaged, a process called inflammation takes place. Inflammation is a condition in which tissue reacts to injury and undergoes changes during the healing process. When skin is inflamed, it may be red, hot, swollen, or painful.
Inflammation can be caused by:
- Primary infection (with bacteria or fungi)
- External parasites (such as fleas or mites)
- Allergic reaction (to substances like ragweed, pollen, dust mites)
- Secondary infection
- Immune mediated diseases
What you can do
A cat cannot always do enough to take care of her skin, so we have to help. Some actions you can take to help your cat's skin include:
- Bathing may help your cat by washing away excess dead skin. Always use a product made specifically for cats.
- Brushing distributes oil through the hair, may help loosen dead skin, remove hair, and keep your cat's hair coat up to par.
- Flea control is imperative for preventing problems associated with fleas and other external parasites.
- Clipping nails helps prevent scratches that could cause damage to the skin and perhaps become infected.
- Stop the itch of skin irritations so your pet does not do further damage to the skin by scratching.