Antiseptic skin cleanser for preparation of the skin prior to surgery. Also reduces bacteria to help prevent infections in cuts, scratches, abrasions, and burns. Significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms when used for pre-and post-operative scrubbing. Can also be used for pre-operative preparation of animals.
Active ingredient: Povidone-iodine.
Povidone-iodine, 7.5% (0.75% available iodine)
Ammonium Nonoxynol-4 Sulfate, Nonoxynol-9, Purified Water, and Sodium Hydroxide.
- Surgical hand scrub:
- Wet hands with water.
- Spread about 5cc (1 teaspoonful) of Scrub over both hands and forearms
- Without adding more water, scrub thoroughly for 2-1/2-3 minutes.
- Use a brush if desired. Clean thoroughly under fingernails.
- Add a little water and develop copious suds. Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Repeat the entire procedure using another 5 cc of Scrub.
- Antiseptic hand wash:
- Wet hands with water and pour about 5 cc of Scrub on hands.
- Rub hands vigorously together for at least 15 seconds, covering all surfaces.
- Rinse and dry with a disposable towel.
- Pre-operative skin preparation:
- After the surgical area is clipped, wet it with water.
- Apply Scrub (1 cc is sufficient to cover an area of 20-30 square inches). Develop lather and scrub thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse off using sterile gauze saturated with water.
- The area may then be painted with Betadine Solution Veterinary and allowed to dry.