Create the perfect aquatic reptile habitat with this multitasking pump. Cobalt Aquatics MJ Multi-Purpose Powerhead Pump is the ORIGINAL workhorse built to perform reliably AND last even under the harshest conditions. Powerful and energy-efficient pump is easy to reconfigure for versatile use in any herptile setup involving water.
Cobalt Aquatics MJ Multi-Purpose Powerhead Pump is great as a powerhead, water supply pump, for under gravel filters, for creating waterfalls and for any application where reliable water movement or circulation is essential. Multiuse submersible pump and powerhead brings back the superior Italian-made performance hobbyists have trusted and relied on in the past. A great pump choice for aquatic reptile habitats, paludariums and turtle tanks.
- Fully rotational output
- Fully sealed intake for internal and external use
- Universal intake tube
- Adjustable hanger with cord guide and 6 ft power cord
- Adjustable venturi with silencer
- Triple suction cup mount
- Large intake screen for use with sponge
- 1/2" outlet in return pump mode
Neo-Therm Heater Manual PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
Shop all Reptile Filtrations & Pumps.
Cobalt Aquatics MJ Multi-Purpose Powerhead Pump
Install the Venturi device and Flow Deflector. Position the pump with its Conical Adapter on the lift tube of your undergravel filter. The powerhead must be at least partially submerged but may also be used fully submerged. Normally the specially designed Lift Tube Adapter will keep your powerhead in the position you have chosen. If additional stability is necessary, utilize the Suction Cups or Mounting Hook.
- To use a Suction Cup, press it into the Mounting Bracket and slide the Bracket into one of the three Mounting Grooves on the pump body. Press Suction Cup to side of aquarium on a smooth, clean surface.
- To use the Mounting Hook, slide it through Mounting Bracket. Press a Suction Cup into base of Mounting Hook and then mount on pump by sliding Mounting Bracket into one of the three Mounting Grooves on the pump body. Position pump in aquatic terrarium by snapping hook end over the top frame and pressing Suction Cup to glass to secure firmly. Adjust position of the pump, up or down, by sliding Mounting Bracket along the Hook. A small clamp is supplied to guide power cord and airline tubing. Press the clamp on top of the clamp as desired. Note: Suction Cups and Mounting Hook can be used separately or together.
Use of Aeration Feature
To improve aeration and gas exchange, the Venturi Aeration Feature may be utilized together with the airline tubing and air filter supplied with your pump. Two small red Air Tubing Adapters are supplied for any size of tubing. The Air Filter also functions as a valve. When using the Venturi air-mixing feature, air volume can be adjusted by turning the top part of the Air Filter. Note: Aeration decreases if water volume is low or if pump is positioned too far below the water surface. Water volume decreases when the Venturi feature is used.
For optimum performance, it is best to periodically clean the internal moving parts with warm water. If the Rotor becomes encrusted with lime scale, use vinegar or lemon juice to remove buildup. Do not use solvents.