Heavy-duty acrylic media reactor perfect for DrTim's Aquatics NP-Active Pearls . The DrTim's Aquatics Bashsea Pellet Master 1 Reactor features a large reaction chamber designed to handle a high media volume. Easy-to-set-up reactor boasts true O-ring seals and keyhole flanges for no-leak installation. Non-clogging design provides even water flow to tumble gently media for maximum media-water contact. DrTim's Aquatics Bashsea Pellet Master is designed and hand crafted in the USA using 100% American-made acrylic. Pump, 1/2" tubing and NP-Active Pearls required for operation, each sold separately.
Holds up to 225 ml of NP-Active Pearls enough for a 75-gallon aquarium.
||Operating Flow Rate
||Up to 75 gallons
||5-1/2" dia x 9-1/4" high
Shop all Aquarium Filter Media Reactors.
Instructions for DrTim's Aquatics Bashea Pellet Master I, II & III
Start with 1/3 the normal amount of DrTim's Aquatics NP-Active Pearls. For example, if your aquarium is 60 gallons and the normal amount of NP-Active Pearls is 3 ml per gallon, then use 60 ml of NP-Active Pearls or a volume of about 2 oz of NP-Active Pearls (1/3 of 180ml ((3ml x 60 gallons)) = 60 ml).
To add the NP-Active Pearls to the DrTim's Aquatics Bashea Pellet Master Reactor:
- Loosen (but do not remove) the Black Bolts on top of the reactor.
- Press down on the top and turn so the large holes in the Blue Plate line up with the top of the bolts. Then remove the Top.
- Reach in and remove the Screen.
- Pour the NP-Active Pearls into the reactor and then replace the Screen.
- You can now fill the reactor with some water to the level of the Screen.
- Now replace the Top, making sure the O-ring is positioned correctly.
- Carefully tighten the bolt snug but do not over-tighten.
- Place the reactor near your tank or sump.
- Slip 1/2" ID tubing (3/4" if using PM-III) over the output fitting of the powerhead or water pump. You may have to warm the tubing under hot water to make the tubing more pliable. Position the powerhead or water pump in the tank/sump and then stretch the tubing over the reactor.
- Carefully cut the tubing to the needed length and slide the end over the fitting on the top of the reactor labeled "IN."
- Take another piece of tubing and slide the end over the fitting on the top of the reactor labeled "OUT."
- Run the tubing over to the tank/sump and position it so the tubing will not fall out of the tank/sump when the water is turned on.
- Plug in the powerhead or water pump and check for any leaks. There may be some air bubbles trapped in the reactor but don't worry, they will clear out on their own.
After four weeks, add another 1ml of NP-Active Pearls per gallon to the reactor. Repeat after eight weeks to achieve the full-recommended amount of NP-Active Pearls of 3ml per gallon.
Note: If your tank currently has a large amount of algae or red slime (cyanobacteria), use Dr Tim's Aquatics Waste-Away Natural Aquarium Cleaner.