Powerful AND energy-efficient pond aeration system keeps operating cost to a minimum! Airmax Large Pond Aeration System effectively aerates large fish ponds and lakes up to one-half (1/2) acre in size without consuming a lot of electricity - even when used continuously. All-in-one professional system for vital pond aeration and water circulation comes complete with SilentAir Air Compressor, ProAir-2 Self-Weighted Diffusers, 3/8" EasySet Self-Weighted Airline AND the Airmax SilentAir Composite Cabinet with cooling fan for a truly remarkable package deal!
Airmax Large Pond Aeration System is a thoughtfully designed air delivery system that circulates the largest amount of pond water with minimal effort. Bottom-diffused aeration generates rising columns of air that break up potentially harmful thermal layers while ensuring beneficial atmospheric interaction. In other words, deeper areas of the pond that experience poor water quality, low oxygen levels and little or no movement will be invigorated with life-supporting oxygen. Enjoy clean, clear and healthy water throughout the entire pond water column.
- Airmax SilentAir Compressor: Powerful yet energy-efficient compressor pushes oxygen through your pond while remaining whisper-quiet thanks to the vibration reducing rubber feet. Integrated air regulator provides easy airflow management.
- ProAir-2 Diffuser Plates - Synergistic diffuser design maximizes total circulation and oxygen transfer while non-stick Teflon® coating prevents debris accumulation. Self-weighted black powder-coated steel base elevates the diffusers up from the pond bottom and out of muck and debris.
- 3/8" EasySet Self-Weighted Airline - Flexible and durable thick-walled airline for kink-free and trouble-free use. This durable PVC composite airline resists rips and tears and is resilient against fishing hooks and foot traffic from swimmers, pets and wildlife.
- SilentAir Standard Composite Cabinet - Rock-like composite cabinet is lightweight, durable and corrosion resistant. Integrated cooling fan keeps the interior clean, cool and dry, increasing performance and extending compressor life. Elevated cabinet base allows easy installation and eliminates chances of water damage to compressor and components. Removable top for quick and easy access. 23" x 17" x 15" high.
|Max Pond Size
|# of 2-stick Diffusers
|Monthly Operating Cost (ran 24/7)
Airmax Large Pond Aeration System Manual.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
How to Install your Airmax System
- Decide a location for the cabinet and prepare the ground. The cabinet can be placed several hundred feet from the shoreline (using direct burial airline) if power is not available at the shore.
- Excavate a trench for direct burial airline (if compressor is not located at shore). Place one direct burial airline for every diffuser plate and backfill.
- Connect direct burial airline to Airmax EasySet self-weighted airline with connector fittings that are provided.
- Connect diffuser to airline and extend the Airmax EasySet self-weighted airline to the proper location. Simply drop the diffuser in place.
- Connect direct burial airline to flex lines supplied with cabinet. Level cabinet and plug the electrical cord into a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit interrupter) outlet.
- Bubbles should be noticeable from all locations. When more than one diffuser is installed, adjust ball valves for maximum performance.
SilentAir Standard Composite Cabinet
Attractive composite cabinet houses and protects the SilentAir Compressor from outdoor elements. An integrated cooling system utilizes a UL-listed high-flow cooling fan and high-density air intake pre-filter to distribute air evenly throughout the cabinet keeping the interior components clean, cool and dry. An elevated base protects the aeration hardware and electrical components from flooding and rainwater accumulation while the removable top ensures quick and easy access for inspection and maintenance. Every SilentAir Standard Composite Cabinet in the AM-SW series comes complete with a pre-wired one-gang duplex electrical box and 6-foot power cord to provide power to the enclosed cooling fan and aeration compressor.
SilentAir Series Aeration Compressor
The heart and soul of each AM-SW Aeration System, is the powerful yet energy-efficient SilentAir diaphragm compressor that pushes oxygen through your pond while remaining whisper-quiet and costing as little as $3 a month in electricity running 24/7. Each SilentAir aeration compressor is fitted with an integrated air regulator to provide easy airflow-management and is mounted on vibration reducing rubber feet to ensure quiet operation.
ProAir-2 Diffuser Plates
Designed for maximum oxygen uptake, the ProAir-2 Diffuser Plates incorporate high-efficiency low-maintenance membrane sticks to release tiny oxygen bubbles into the water column. Membrane diffusers possess the synergy of airstones without the headaches of cracking and acid washing. New non-stick Teflon® coating prevents debris accumulation and performance reduction. A self-weighted black powder-coated steel base elevates the diffusers off the pond bottom and out of muck and debris. Combined with a one-piece air distributer and one-way check valve, ProAir diffuser plates truly provide maximum output with virtually no maintenance.
EasySet Self-Weighted Airline
Designed to stay submerged underwater and out of sight, the EasySet self-weighted airline is guaranteed not to float. A thick wall and lead-free construction make EasySet airline the perfect pond-safe choice. Resistant to rips and tears, EasySet airline is resilient against fishing hooks and foot traffic from swimmers, pets and wildlife.
Airmax Aeration Works
This aeration system utilizes a shore-mounted air pump that delivers compressed air to a synergistic diffuser plate on the pond's bottom. As the air rises from the diffuser plate at the bottom, it creates a convection current that slowly and steadily turns the water body over. Bringing the bottom waters up to the top to interact with the atmosphere allows for some very unique processes to take place. It is this turnover and interaction that lies at the heart of the Airmax Aeration System.
Clean and Clear Water Column
Heavy nutrient loads lay the groundwork for extreme algae blooms. The constant turnover created by the Airmax Aeration System provides an avenue for oxygen-consuming beneficial bacteria to lower nutrient loads. The increase in bacterial activity removes the food source for nuisance algae and plants.
Elimination of Thermal Stratification
The current created by the Airmax Aeration System circulates the water eliminating the thermocline (water separated into multiple layers based on temperature). When the thermocline is eliminated, oxygen is allowed to the pond's bottom creating a perfect ecosystem for aerobic beneficial bacteria.
Stronger, Safer Fish Population
In a thermally stratified state, the bottom half of your pond becomes almost uninhabitable to fish. The low oxygen and high amount of toxins drive your fish into the much warmer top half of the pond. The Airmax Aeration System de-stratifies the water column, creating optimal conditions for fish to inhabit the entire body of water reducing the chance of fish kills caused by turn over.
Preventing Winter Fish Kill
Keeping the aerator running in colder climates (where an ice layer may form) will greatly reduce the chances of a winter fish kill. Dying or dead vegetation will cause toxic gasses to build up underneath the ice during the winter months. These toxic gasses can displace the oxygen to cause a winter fish kill. Circulating the water column will also maintain an open hole in the ice, allowing toxic gasses to escape safely.