Increase airflow where your aquarium needs it most. Zoo Med Aqua Cool Aquarium Cooling Fan expands cooling options with an adjustable, multi-directional nozzle. Simply direct the fully adjustable, wide discharge nozzle up towards your aquarium light fixture, down over the water surface or anywhere in-between for pinpoint cooling!
Aqua Cool Aquarium Cooling Fan features a side-mounted fan assembly designed to minimize splash damage or the risk of falling into your aquarium. This budget-friendly alternative to aquarium chillers can be used to dissipate radiant heat generated by aquarium light fixtures or to reduce aquarium water temperature through increased evaporative cooling.
Great cooling fan for use with tropical freshwater aquariums, saltwater marine aquariums or any aquarium employing light fixtures or equipment that run hot. Low voltage (12V) for maximum safety near a wet environment. Assembled Aqua Cool Aquarium Cooling Fan measures approximately 3-3/4" x 7" high and 5-1/4" deep. 6ft cord.
Includes: Fan with Multi-directional Nozzle, Mounting Suction Cup, & Power Supply.
Caution: Do not plug the fan in until after completing the following steps:
- Remove all of the components from the package and inspect for missing parts or damage.
- Insert the Suction Cup into the recess on the Fan Housing.
- Insert the Elbow Duct into the Fan Housing. Be careful to avoid inserting the elbow backwards on the housing. If inserted correctly, the elbow will extend over the top edge of the aquarium when the Suction Cup is attached to the outside of the tank.
- Mount the Fan Assembly to the aquarium by attaching the Suction Cup on the Fan Housing to the back of the aquarium at a location that will allow the Elbow Duct to extend over the top edge of the tank. The Sliding Bracket on the Elbow Duct should be on the inside of the top edge of the aquarium. Slide the bracket to remove the slack and prevent the Elbow Duct from vibrating during operation.
- Attach the Fan Nozzle to the ball of the Elbow Duct:
- To cool by directing at aquarium lamps: Direct the nozzle upwards toward the aquarium lamp fixture to dissipate some of the radiant heat generated by your aquarium lamps.
- To cool by directing at the surface of the water: Direct the nozzle so that air flows over the surface of the water. This will reduce the water temperature through increased evaporative cooling.
- Plug the power supply into a grounded GFCI receptacle with a drip loop. After plugging in the power supply, insert the power supply jack into the electrical connection on the bottom of the fan housing.
- Your new Aqua Cool Aquarium Cooling Fan is complete and ready for use. Turn the fan on using the red switch on the fan housing. Further adjust the fan nozzle as desired.