Genuine Aquascape brand replacement probe for the original IonGen System (Mfg# 98880). To ensure best performance from your Aquascape IonGen Electronic Pond Clarifier, manually inspect your IonGen Probe once a year or at the beginning of the water garden season for significant deterioration. Replace probe if necessary.
Replacing the Probe
Disconnect the waterproof connector at the top of the Flow Chamber and remove and inspect the IonGen Probe for significant deterioration. Replace if necessary. Note: It is good practice once a year or at the beginning of the water garden season to manually inspect the IonGen Probe.
Quick Install Steps
- Unplug the IonGen units from the main power source.
- Note: If the Flow Chamber is plumbed directly into an Aquascape recirculating system, you will need to turn off the pump and disconnect the check valve attached to the pump to drain water from the plumbing before replacing the Probe.
- Disconnect the waterproof Connector Wire attached to the replacement Probe.
- Unscrew the Probe from the Flow Chamber.
- Screw the new Probe into the Flow Chamber. Important: If the IonGen Probe is plumbed directly into an external recirculating system, you will need to use Teflon® tape or a bead of silicone on the threads of the Probe fitting to ensure a watertight seal.
- Reconnect the waterproof Connector Wire attached to the replacement Probe.
- Plug the IonGen unit back into the main power source.
Please refer to your IonGen Installation Instructions and Owner's Manual for more information as well as troubleshooting tips.