||Treat your bird to organic, tasty, toasted healthy snacks!
||Provide important avian supplemental nutrition through transitions
||Formulated with "Sunshine Factor" - Brazilian red palm fruit oil!
Treat your bird to a nutritious boost of energy when they need it most! Serve Harrison's certified organic, tasty, toasted healthy power treats during times of transition: weaning, diet change, recovery, or nutritional support in aging. Packed with natures best ingredients - Brazilian red palm fruit oil, peanuts, sunflower seeds, green peas, alfalfa, spirulina, and more for optimum antioxidants, carotenoids, and essential fatty acids. Ideal for all companion birds. 1 lb resealable package. 1/2" cubes.
Click on "More Information" for feeding directions, ingredients, and label indications.
Harrison's Bird Foods is a family of certified organic, formulated diets that were created by avian veterinarians and nutritionists with the health of your bird in mind. Harrison's Foods formulas require little or no supplementation.
Dr. Greg Harrison, the main developer of Harrison's Bird Foods, is a certified avian specialist with 34 years experience in bird care. He has transformed his practice into an avian wellness clinic that incorporates preventive medicine through proper nutrition with Harrison's Bird Foods.
FOR USE IN BIRDS
- Can be used as the only food source to aid in weaning, changing a bird's diet from seeds to Harrison's Bird Foods or as a supplement for birds already fed Harrison's Bird Foods that need extra energy following an illness.
- Beneficial to birds with dry flaky skin (beak, nails), balding of the feet, lack of sheen and proper color to feathers.
- Beneficial to most aging birds.
- Beneficial to certain species known to eat high oil diets.
- High antioxidant content (vitamin E and coenzyme Q10).
- High carotenoid content (precursors to vitamin A).
- Good balance of essential fatty acids.
- Feed 1 piece Power Treats per 3 pieces of Coarse Ground Formula.
- Power Treats may make up to 30% of diet.
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. Supplementation should be limited to no more than 10% of the overall diet. Offer certified organic vegetables and fruits in small quantities; select dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
Ingredients: *Ground Shelled Peanuts, *Evaporated Sugar Cane Juice, *Tapioca Maltodextrin, *Ground Yellow Corn, *Ground Hulled Grey Proso Millet, *Ground Shelled Sunflower Seeds, *Ground Hulless Barley, *Ground Split Green Peas, *Brazilian Palm Fruit Oil, *Ground Toasted Oat Groats, *Ground Brown Rice, Ground Chia Seed, *Ground Alfalfa, Montmorillonite Clay, Calcium Carbonate,
*Ground Sun-Dried Sea Kelp, Vitamin E Supplement, Natural Trace Mineral Salt, Spirulina, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, d-Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Storage & Shelf Life
||Pieces Per Day
||1/8 to 1-1/2
Harrison's Bird Foods is committed to protecting your bird from artificial preservatives. Here are some suggestions to keep your food fresh:
- Smell the product for freshness prior to feeding.
- Squeeze all air out of the bag and zip it shut at the top.
- If the zip lock gets removed or damaged, fold the top over several times and close with a clip.
- Keep food in original bag. Do not repackage into plastic bags or containers.
- Use contents within 4-6 weeks of opening bag.
- Purchase Harrison's foods only in their original packaging.
- Refrigeration after opening may help maintain freshness.