||Elegant dog feeder ideal for owners seeking balance between design and durability
||Boasts stainless steel bowls - veterinarian recommended for maximum sanitization
||Scrolled metal frame assembles with no tools and has an easy-care powder coat finish
Don't sacrifice style when selecting a durable feeder for your pet. This elegantly-designed Scroll Double Feeder holds up to everyday use beautifully, while also sprucing up your pet's feeding station in such a way that you will want to display it prominently in your home. This handcrafted metal feeder boasts two easy-clean stainless steel dog bowls. Raised feeder aids in digestion and eases joint strain during mealtimes. Durable feeder frame has a powder coated finish for wipe-clean ease. Offers easy, tool-free assembly and minimizes storage space. Removable stainless dishes won't absorb odors or stains, and are easy to clean and disinfect. Placemat sold separately.
Ideal feeder height: Measure from floor to point of shoulder and select appropriate feeder.
||12" x 5.5" x 3.5" high
||1.5 cups each
||16.5" x 8" x 5.5" high
||5 cups each
||18" x 9" x 8" high
||7 cups each
Veterinarians recommend elevated feeders for dogs and cats because they offer a number of advantages: hygiene and cleanliness, comfort for dogs and cats with arthritis or neck or back problems, and benefits for cats and dogs with conditions that make swallowing difficult.
- Elevated feeders and dishes keep feeding areas cleaner.
- Elevated dishes help keep the food and water in the bowls and not on the floor. Moisture that may get under the dish creates a great place for molds and bacteria to grow.
- An elevated feeder will allow gravity to help get food down to the stomach.
- Elevated feeders are more comfortable for older pets.
- Dogs or cats with arthritis benefit from elevated feeders. Bending over to eat is not comfortable for pets with stiff muscles or sore joints, particularly for pets with neck or back problems.
- Raising food and water to a comfortable feeding level encourages eating and drinking.
- Elevated feeders are easier to maintain since you don't have to bend over as far to pick up or fill up water and food dishes.
Why do pets that eat out of stainless steel bowls have a tendency to get less bacterial diseases?
Studies have found that pets that drink and eat out of stainless steel bowls are less likely to acquire some bacterial diseases. Stainless steel bowls don't have pores; bacteria can grow in the pores of plastic bowls. The stainless steel bowls are less likely to have bacteria in the food and water bowls. They are also perfect to put in the dishwasher.
The stainless steel bowls are dishwasher safe. Use a scrub brush to remove dried-on material before placing in dishwasher. The legs can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
These stainless steel bowls are dishwasher safe but can also be hand washed with hot, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry completely before use. It is a good idea to disinfect the bowls once a week with a weak bleach and water solution before washing. Again, rinse thoroughly and dry completely before use.