Designed specifically for companion animals, Pet-Temp takes temperature readings from the ear canal in just one second. No hassling with mercury thermometers, and Pet-Temp is sanitary to use. You simply toss the disposable lens covers after each use. Pet-Temp can be used for many kinds of pets, including dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, rabbits, ferrets, chinchillas, and guinea pigs. Accurate to ± 0.3°F, and has an estimated built-in lithium battery life of 5 years. Includes 20 disposable lens covers. Thermometer measures 5-1/4" x 2-1/2" x 1".
The unique design of the sensor arm and probe tip allows for measurement of the animal's deep (horizontal) ear canal. This ergonomic design is safe to use in the ears of many companion animals.
Recommended for pet owners, breeders and handlers, groomers, boarders, working dog owners, search & rescue personnel, and field trial/competitive dog owners.
Directions for Use
- Press and release the activation button. The display screen will briefly show the "test image". You will also see the "lens cover" symbol to remind you that a new lens cover must be installed.
- The last temperature measured and the letter M will be displayed for two seconds.
- When the Pet-Temp is ready to measure temperature, the READY symbol and a C? or F? will be displayed.
- Now, you're ready to measure temperature.
- It's best to have another person stabilize the animal's head while measuring a temperature.
- Pull your pet's ear toward his tail and find the ear canal. Insert the probe into the ear canal as deep as possible.
- Point the probe tip in the direction of the animals opposite jaw (toward the ear drum).
- When the probe is as deep as possible, push the activation button. Within one second, the Pet-Temp will beep, signaling it has finished measuring temperature. (Do not leave the probe in the ear for longer than 3 seconds, as this may result in reduced accuracy.)
- Remove the probe from the ear and read the temperature.
- Remove and discard the lens cover.
- To measure another temperature, push the activation button and wait for the READY symbol. Install a new clean lens cover before reading the next temperature.
- When finished, close the sensor arm for storage.
Accuracy + 0.3ºF (0.2ºC)*
Patient Temp Range 93-109ºF (34-43ºC)
Ambient Temp Range 50-104ºF (10-40ºC)
Measurement Time 1 Second
Built-in Battery Life 5 years (estimated)
Auto power-off 60 seconds
Scales Fahrenheit and Celsius