||Corner design fits neatly into any 90-degree corner and saves valuable floor space
||Storage shelf keeps ferret necessities close at hand
||Spacious ferret cage offers five levels of fun
Space-saving corner design offers your pet a spacious living environment and gives you more floor space in your home. Fits snugly in any 90-degree corner, yet allows you to easily reach into the back corner for cleaning and rearranging. Two large front-access doors with safety locks keep your ferret safe and help prevent escape. Four easy-clean metal shelves give your ferrets extra vertical space to explore. Convenient features like the included storage shelf keeps litter, food, dishes, and toys in a handy location. Included plastic ramps are textured to offer your ferrets solid footing when climbing from shelf to shelf. Also includes a metal mesh floor and removable, locking litter tray to make cleaning litter and messes hassle-free. Rolling casters make this cage a breeze to move. 37" x 23-1/2" x 62-1/2" tall.
Ferret Corner Cage Assembly Instruction PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
Clean litter boxes and cages
A clean living environment is the key to minimizing musky ferret odors. Like cats, ferrets are clean by nature and can be litter trained. However, their needs differ from cats. Ferrets back into corners with their tails raised to urinate or defecate and, unlike cats, they do not cover their stool. To properly accommodate ferrets, use the High Back Litter Pan (#31424). The low sides and the high back of this litter pan are designed to contain ferret waste. Place a thin layer of dust-free, absorbent litter to contain moisture inside the litter pan. Clean out the litter pan on a daily basis to ensure odor control. Also, be sure to wash any sleeping hammocks or blankets once a week to remove odor and reduce oily buildup.
Ferret Care Checklist
- Remove wet spots or waste in bedding litter.
- If necessary, change any bedding/litter that is too soiled.
- Empty and wash ferret food bowl using warm water and a small amount of mild soap. Thoroughly rinse and dry the bowl before returning it to your pet's environment and filling it with food.
- Empty and wash ferret water bottle using warm water and a small amount of mild soap. To ease the cleaning of your pet's water bottle, use a bottle brush. Thoroughly rinse the water bottle before refilling it with clean, fresh water and returning it to your pet's home.
- Remove and replace all bedding and/or litter.
- Wash and disinfect the cage bottom and any toys. Nontoxic Cage Cleaner & Deodorizer (#29109) simplifies cleaning and leaves a fresh scent. As with all cleaners, rinse thoroughly and dry well.
- Wash and disinfect any cage accessories, such as climbing shelves, dens, or beds, per the manufacturer's cleaning instructions for each product. Rinse thoroughly and dry well.
While cleaning your pet's environment keep your ferret safely contained in an exercise pen or small traveling carrier. An empty cage is much easier to clean. You can keep your ferret occupied while in the pen by adding stimulating and interactive toys and treats like Pull-n-Go (#39991) or Liver Bites for Ferrets (#34155).