Monitor your small pet's weight and dietary intake to ensure she is getting the right nutrition to keep her fit. Weight is a critical indication of health and wellbeing. This scale is designed to make this important task easy and effective. This accurate scale (+/- 1g) has three readout options (lbs/oz, grams, or milliliters), so you can use this scale to measure small animals, food, or medications. It zeros out the weight of objects already on the scale before turning on.
It also has a low battery indicator and auto shut-off after two minutes. Plastic base with easy-clean metal platform. Uses three AAA batteries, not included. 7.5" x 5.75" x 4.5" high, including perch.
- Open the battery compartment on the scale underside and insert two AAA batteries.
- Press ON/OFF/TARE button to turn on the unit. The display will show "Err". Note: Make sure the weight is in the center of the scale. If the weight is more than the max capacity of the scale, the display will show "Err" It represents Overload.
- Press unit button for setting the weighing unit by kg, grams, or lbs.
- Ensure the unit is stable and showing zero weight before weighing.
- You can start weighing now. Always try to place the object you're weighing at the center of the weighing platform.
- Wait till LCD stabilizes. The reading shown in the LCD will indicate the proper weight value of the object you are weighing.
- Press ON/OFF/TARE button to turn off the unit.
- If the display shows "Lo," it represents a low battery charge, so batteries need to be replaced.
When using weighing perch:
- To assemble perch, insert each of the six screws into the two triangular ends, and into the predrilled holes in the dowels.
- Place the perch onto the platform before turning the unit on. This will zero out the weight of the perch.
Maintaining and Cleaning & Proper Usage
This is a highly precise device. It is delicately built and extremely sensitive. Avoid dropping unit or subjecting it to high impact, for these will impact the accuracy of the scale.
When operating the unit, please press buttons lightly to activate function. No need to press too strongly, or use sharp pointed object to press the button. Use a dry, soft fabric to clean the device. Or, use a slightly damp soft cloth with mild detergent to clean the weighing platform. Do not use strong chemical solutions like alcohol or benzene to clean.