Create a large gate opening in any electric horse fence. Galvanized steel spring stretches to 16 feet to convert any pasture enclosure opening into a usable gate. High tensile design remains taut regardless of how far the spring is stretched to twenty feet. Highly visible to horses, ponies, other equines, livestock, and humans for added safety. When closed, the gate completes any polytape, polyrope, or electric fence wire circuit and remains energized to safely contain your animals. But once opened, the gate becomes neutral to allow safe passage through the opening. Rubber gate handle lets you safely and easily open and close the gate without fear of being shocked when properly installed. Included hardware mounts to wood, square, or T-post fence posts. Black hardware.
Includes: Galvanized steel spring, rubber gate handle, two pin-lock insulators, ground connector, and hook assembly.
Build your own safe, electric fence system with
polytape or polyrope wire,
splicers and connectors, and a
multi-light fence tester.
Please click on "More Information" for installation instructions.
Gate easily expands to close off any fence opening 20 feet wide or less. To install, first turn off your energizer to cut power to the fence
. The gate should be installed so it opens in the same direction as the current flow of your electrified system. Typically this means the gate handle will be nearest your energizer and the gate hinge will be farthest from your energizer. This allows the electric current to flow through the gate when closed, but allows the gate to become fully neutral when open.
- Mount the first plastic hinge point of the fence gate to the fence post.
- Twist the spring end onto the plastic mounting hardware.
- Connect the spring end to your electric fence with a suitable gauge wire (not included).
- Lock the gate hinge into position with the included plastic pin.
- Mount the second plastic gate mount to the fence post nearest your energizer.
- Screw the metal gate attachment onto the plastic gate mount pin opening.
- Attach a suitable gauge wire (not included) to the metal thumbscrew post on the metal gate attachment.
- Tighten the thumbscrew to lock the wire into position.
- Stretch the expandable gate over the fence opening and slip the rubber gate end onto the metal gate attachment.
- Turn on your energizer to restore power to the fence.