praziquantel treatment for aquarium parasites
||Effective against suseptible disease conditions in fresh or saltwater aquariums
||May also be used as a preventive for flukes, tapeworm, and flatworms
The first ready-to-use liquid concentrate praziquantel treatment for aquarium use. Controls disease conditions caused by flukes, tapeworm, flatworm, and internal parasites. Use in freshwater or marine aquariums. Offers rapid control without negatively impacting your biological filtration. May also be used as a preventive. Not recommended for reef aquariums with Feather Duster Worms or other ornamental worms. 4 oz treats 480 gallons, 16 oz treats 1920 gallons.
As A Bath:
For the treatment of praziquantel-susceptible disease conditions in freshwater and marine aquariums. NOTE:
Not recommedend for reef aquariums with Feather Duster Worms or other ornamental worms.
Start treatment with as large a water change as practical or start with new water. Any water used should first be conditioned to remove ammonia, chlorine and chloramines. Do not stop filtration, but remove activated carbon and stop foam-fractionation (protein skimming) and UV sterilization.
Shake vigorously before use. Measure at the rate of one (1) teaspoon per 20 gallons of water to be treated (One (1) fl. oz. per 120 gallons). This produces a concentration of 2.5 mg/L. Distribute the proper amount around the edge of the aquarium or directly into the filter box to achieve the best overall distribution.
A single treatment lasting 5-7 days is normally sufficient. Repeat as necessary, but no more than once every 3 to 5 days. May be used as a preventive, at the standard application, when disease is likely. Do not use with other drugs or disease treatments. May cause temporary foaming.
Ingredients: Oxybispropanol (as an inert solubilizing agent) and < 5% praziquantel by weight.
Recommendations: Use any time unwanted parasites are noticed or introduction is probable.
Caution: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and plenty of water. If swallowed, rinse mouth with water (if person is conscious). Obtain medical advice.