Compact, rotating deflector turns your existing powerhead into a wavemaker. Simply attach to a powerhead to generate beneficial water movement. Geared unit rotates 360° to produce a wave-like effect without added energy costs - it's powered by water pressure. Improves gas exchange/oxygenation and simulates natural ocean conditions in reef aquariums with corals and invertebrates. Recommended flow rate between 80 to 310 gph. Included adapters fit most outlets. 2-1/4" dia x 3".
Using the supplied adaptors, connect the Hydor FLO to the outlet or return line of a filter, pump, or powerhead. The water flow/output of the device should be rated between 80 and 310 gallons per hour. This flow rate will determine the rotation speed of the Hydor FLO.
Regular cleaning and maintenance of the Hydor FLO will guarantee better performance. Before performing any maintenance on the Hydor FLO, disconnect power to the pump or powerhead.
- To disassemble the unit, first detach the Deflector by pressing the white "nose" located in the front of the device.
- Gently remove the Gear Support Frame by lifting the Locking Clamps located on each side of the Deflector Body. All components should now disassemble easily for cleaning.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly with lukewarm water. If necessary, remove deposits with a clean soft brush. Do not use detergent or solvents.
- Re-assemble the Hydor FLO in reverse order, making sure all parts are in the correct position.
- Before re-connecting the Hydor FLO to the filter/pump, blow inside the Deflector Body to make sure the Propeller rotates freely.
If the Hydor FLO does not rotate, check to see if
- The powerhead/pump is plugged in to an electrical outlet.
- The powerhead/pump is damaged.
- The powerhead/pump is clogged or dirty.
- The Hydor FLO is dirty.