||Multipurpose chemical filter media helps improve water quality and clarity
||Highly absorbent pads remove ammonia, heavy metals, phosphate, and more
||Cut to any size or shape to fit any pond filter
Highly absorbent chemical filter media pads quickly and efficiently remove impurities, medications, and phosphate from pond water. Simply cut to any size or shape to custom fit any pond filter. Rapidly improves water clarity and actively removes harmful organic and various inorganic waste buildup for several months. Changes color to indicate the pollutants being removed and when Poly Filter is exhausted. Will not leach pollutants upon saturation. (See the
Test Kit section for
copper test kits to help monitor levels.) Industrial grade 12" x 12" Poly Filter pad is stronger and more absorbent. Used by researchers, hospitals, etc. A great size for wet/dry filters or larger canister filters where the smaller pad is just not enough!
||Pollutants Being Removed
||Free Copper ions
||Normal organic load
||Heavy organic load
Poly Filter Removes:
- Harmful Organics
- Toxic Ammonia and Nitrite
- Heavy Metals
- All Forms of Phosphate
- Medications after Treatment
Please see "More Information" for application and usage instructions.
Poly Filter Application and Usage Instructions:
- Freshwater Application: Add Poly Filter any time.
- Medication Removal (parasite and antibiotic treatments containing copper): Remove Poly Filter from water before any type of medication is added. Follow medication instructions issued by the manufacturer. After treatment is complete, place Poly Filter back in water to remove traces of medication. Test water for safe levels. When safe, remove discolored Poly Filter, dry and save it for next medication. Place new Poly Filter in the water for removal of conventional organics and water purification.
- Adding Vitamins and Trace Minerals: Remove Poly Filter from water before adding vitamins or trace elements. After 12 hours, place Poly Filter back in water. Poly Filter will not remove trace elements included in marine salt mixtures.
General Maintenance Comments:
Poly-Filter turns color when removing medications. Aqua to Dark Blue: Copper or Copper Salts. Orange: Iron. Bright Red: Aluminum. Bright Yellow: Ammonia, Amines or Solvents. Dyes: Color of the solution when added i.e. Methylene Blue: Pale Blue. Malachite Green: Light Green. Tannins/Humic acid: Dark Brown. Organic Wastes: Light Tan progressing to Dark Brown. Poly-Filter extends time between water changes. Add de-chlorinated water to make up for evaporation loss. If pH shifts below acceptable level, change water and add a new Poly-Filter. Heavy slime producing water conditioners can surface coat Poly-Filter and interfere with absorption performance. In Marine water, soak in 3% hydrogen peroxide then rinse well in fresh water. In Freshwater, soak in 10% salt water solution then rinse well in fresh water.
NOTE: Poly Filter will not soften water or remove trace minerals.
Poly-Filter is for filtering and purifying both fresh and salt water. It is a formulation of a special patented material bonded to a synthetic matrix that can absorb and adsorb contaminants and other toxic materials. Poly Filter is non-toxic and harmless to biological filtration because it allows a sufficient amount of ammonia to reach the biological filter to sustain the bacteria culture. Provides a supplemental means of removing ammonia when the biological filter is unable to break down the excess ammonia.