Decorative Scalloped Heated Birdbath keeps water ice-free all winter, thanks to an inner, thermostatically-controlled heater that turns on only when necessary. This heated birdbath gives the appearance of a pricey concrete birdbath, but is made with durable, long-wearing resin. Birdbath boasts a hidden electrical connection for your extension cord, and its decorative, hollow pedestal is weighted for stability. Pedestal conceals your extension cord to enhance appearance. Efficient operation means you pay only pennies a day to operate. Basin holds 4 quarts. 120 watts. UL-listed. 18" dia x 23" high.
Read all instructions. To protect against electrical hazards, do not immerse this product in water. Always unplug the product when not in use. Do not use if the product has been damaged in any way.
- Locate birdbath in a suitable, level location in your yard or garden.
- Run a fully grounded outdoor extension cord to the unit. Insert the head of the extension cord through the side opening of the Decorative Pedestal. Run the extension cord up through the middle of the hollow Decorative Pedestal.
- If desired, fill the hollow cavity of the Decorative Pedestal with sand for stability.
- Plug the fully grounded outdoor extension cord into the receptacle socket located on the base of the Heated Birdbath.
- Thread the Heated Birdbath onto the Pedestal. Turn the Heated Birdbath clockwise to thread the bath onto the base. Do not over-tighten.
- Fill the Heated Birdbath with water.
Clean, fresh water is paramount to your backyard wildlife's health. Clean water also attracts birds to your yard. Periodically clean the birdbath with warm water or undiluted white vinegar to remove stubborn water residue and buildup. Do NOT use harsh chemicals or bleach to clean your birdbath.