Ultra-durable AdjustaPole Yard Kit resists bending or bowing like other shepherd hook poles. Completely customizable and adjustable outdoor hook and display system allows you to choose between 12 height positions, and each position offers 6 rotational settings in a full 360° circle. A nylon sleeve separates each hanging arm and pot holder attachment to prevent corrosion and binding when placed out in the elements. Yard kit provides a one-stop-shop option for your shepherd's hook needs. It includes 1 - 84" center pole, 1 - 7" hanging hook, 1 - 6" pot holder, 1 - 7" double hanging hook, and 1 base support. Kit can be completely customized when put together depending on your shepherd's hook needs. Total weight threshold should not exceed 35 lbs.
To adjust up and down the pole:
Line up notches at the top of the plastic sleeve, and the metal coupler. Once the cutout is fully exposed, slide up entire unit, which will release it from the current setting. Move to a different height, and line up the nub on the inside of the sleeve to the hole on the pole. Lock into place.
Rotate to 6 different locations:
To rotate the hook/holder around the pole, move the coupler so it’s disengaged from both the notches at the top and bottom. Rotate the unit around the pole, and line up the notches on the bottom of both the coupler and the plastic sleeve to secure in location.
SELECTING A LOCATION:
To prevent squirrels or other unwanted critters from jumping onto any feeders, locate your pole as far away as possible from any trees, shrubs, or fencing (a recommended 12 feet if feasible). It is also recommended that you choose a height setting on the pole at least 4 feet from the ground for hanging any feeders. For added protection, you may also want to use a pole mounted squirrel baffle.
ASSEMBLING YOUR KIT:
1. Piece together poles. The section with the pointed end should be on the bottom, and the section with the black cap in its top should be on the top. Pieces should fit together snug.
2. Slide on arms/pot holder from the bottom up in your desired order.
3. Slide on base support.
4. Dig a hole roughly 12 inches deep. Place pole in the hole and backfill. Do not bury the support base – you will use this later. If you choose to drive the pole into the ground, be sure to use extra care and cushion the pole with a wooden block.
5. Push base support into the ground on side that you feel needs additional support.
6. Customize with bird feeders, and plants for a beautiful backyard display!