The Nature's Way Birds Solar LED Lantern Feeder features a modern design and solar-powered technology that turns the feeder into a stylish lantern at night. Even Feed baffles allow for constant seed and birds at all levels, and the tension-spring perch system keeps your seed safe from hungry squirrels.
Two-in-one seed ports can be converted to feed either thistle or sunflower/mixed seed, and inserts are included. Easy Clean technology allows you to simply slide ports, perches, and the base to remove and clean.
The Nature's Way Birds Solar LED Lantern Feeder's wide, stay-clear, break-resistant polycarbonate tube enables easier filling with less spilling, and offers six feeding ports. Durable wire makes hanging a breeze.
It's perfect for attracting cardinals, grosbeaks, titmice, nuthatches, chickadees, juncos, and finches.
9" dia x 10" high
Weight: 2 lbs, 8 ounces
Capacity: 3 quarts
Seed to use: Black oil sunflower, striped sunflower, hulled sunflower, safflower, cracked corn, nuts, mixed, thistle/nyjer
To Take Apart for Cleaning
- Remove roof and clean by hand – do not submerge lid in water to avoid damage to the LED unit.
- Push seed ports up to release and pull out of the tube body. Push up from the seed hole to avoid any damage to the perches.
- After all ports are removed, the baffles can be lifted out from the tube.
- Tube body can be lifted out of outer wood and metal housing. Take caution with this step as tube fits snug.
Your entire feeder is ready to clean by hand. Tube body, perches, and baffles can all be washed in the top rack of the dishwasher.
To Reassemble Feeder
- Slide tube body into outer wood and metal housing. Be sure to line up the two "U" shaped dips on the upper part of the tube to the hanger cables on the top metal ring.
- Insert the small baffle through the top opening of the tube body. The raised center of the baffle should be facing up. Position so the lowest areas of the baffle sit directly below the three lower level holes. During this step, it may be helpful to use a hand to guide the baffle into place through the bottom opening of the tube.
- Insert seed ports into lower level tube holes and push down to lock into place.
- Insert the large baffle through the top opening of the tube body. The raised rim of the baffle's circular opening should be facing up. Position baffle so the lowest areas of the baffle sit directly below the three upper level holes.
- Insert seed ports into upper level tube holes and push down to lock into place.
- Place roof back on feeder guiding the hanger cables through the keyhole slots on the roof.
To convert seed ports from sunflower/mixed seed to thistle, line up the thistle seed insert to the seed port and push in until it snaps firmly into place.
To remove insert, push seed ports up to release and pull out of the tube body. Use your thumb to push up notch on the bottom of the back of the insert and slide insert out.