Economical modular ferret cage system grows as your family grows! Start with a Ground Story Townhouse II and expand up to 3 stories with Add-A-Story modules. Lightweight and sturdy cages feature powder-coated wire with 1" spacing and a no spill food dish. Traction ramps and roomy shelves provide easy access from floor to floor as your system grows. Ground Story and additional Add-A-Story modules lock together securely. Perfect for new ferret families with dreams to expand. Simple assembly required.
||38" x 20" x 17.5"
||Dish, 1 shelf, 1 ramp, 2 doors
||38" x 20" x 26.5"
||Dish, 1 shelf, 1 ramp, 1 door
Ground Floor Cage Assembly Instruction PDF and Add-A-Story Cage Assembly Instruction PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
Please click "More Information" for tool-free assembly instructions.
- Place wire panel top down and unfold panel upward. Snap L-Bracket Clips (4) onto each corner junction and flip assembled panel over.
- Place wire panel into base.
- Clip the base claw clips (2) onto each side of cage at the horizontal center of the 4th row from bottom.
- Place the shelf inside the cage from the top and clip it the left side 6th wire row from bottom) and attach ramp to shelf.
- Attach four name plate clips to the front and two to the back on 2nd and 5th vertical panels at the 2nd wire row from top. Clip bottom wire in first, then push arms over top wire and wrap towards back. Slide arms onto clips from side to side.
- Clip all 4 vertical wire junctions on sides with E-clips (12) at the 4th row from bottom and the 4th row from top. Clip the remaining 4 E-clips on the vertical top junctions at the 5th row from front and 5th row from back.
- Snap door locks (4) into front door between row 2 and 3 from top. Slide lock to left or right. Repeat for other side. Take remaining 2 locks and repeat for top door on the 5th row of wire.
- Slide food/water bowl on wires on front side of lower shelf.
- Starting with two narrow panels, 2 wide panels and 4 L-bracket clips, place wire as illustrated with vertical bars on the inside. Be sure the door is on the outside and opening towards the floor. Attach 4 2-sided L-bracket clips at each corner junction.
- On the Ground Story Unit, unsnap the 2 base claw clips and remove wire
assembly from base. Set aside.
- Insert the new wire panel assembly into the old base and attach with the 2 new base claw clips (at the center of sides, 4th row from the bottom wire).
- Attach the ramp to the shelf and clip the new shelf to the left-hand side of the Ground Story Cage on the 6th row from the bottom wire.
- Place new base onto top of new wire assembly, then take Ground Story assembly unit and set into base with hole.
- Attach base claw clips (2) to wire assembly on the center of sides on the 4th row from bottom wire.
- Attach 2nd ramp to the bottom of the 2nd level base by inserting into the housing slots at opening.
- Join the wires together on the new wire assembly with E-clips (12). Clip all 4 vertical wire junctions on sides and place clips at 7th row from bottom and 7th row from top.
Repeat Steps for 3rd story.