Discover a brilliant, energy-efficient way to illuminate your reptile habitat while keeping operating costs down! Zoo Med ReptiSun LED Terrarium Hood employs the latest in LED technology for convenient 24-hour lighting that showcases your reptile habitat - day or night. Groundbreaking fixture keeps electrical costs to a minimum AND eliminates the need for yearly bulb replacements for outstanding savings. Stylish ultra-sleek fixture measures just 5" x 1" thick!
Zoo Med ReptiSun LED Terrarium Hood features ReptiSun LED Modules comprised of 6500K daylight high output LEDs for truly naturalistic lighting, 620 nm Red LEDs to stimulate live plant growth, and 465 nm Blue LED for a soothing, nighttime lighting. Two switches allow for independent manual control of daytime and nighttime LEDs. Adjustable sliding rails accommodate a wide range of terrarium sizes and included stainless-steel aircraft cable suspension kit offer alternate hanging option. 6 ft cord.
PLEASE NOTE: The Zoo Med ReptiSun LED Terrarium Hood does NOT provide UVB or significant heat. For species that require UVB, use in combination with UVB Lamp or check out the ReptiSun LED UVB Terrarium Hood that combines HO T5 UVB fluorescent lamp & HO LEDs for brilliant, naturalistic lighting AND UVB light vital for reptile health.
Three LED Lighting Modes
- White Only: 6500K Daylight for bright naturalistic lighting of reptile and amphibian habitats. Great for habitats without live plants or with artificial plants.
- White with Red: 6500K Daylight with 620nm Red for habitats with live plants. Red LEDs provide wavelengths that stimulate plant growth.
- Blue Moonlight®: Low light 60 milliwatt 465nm Blue LED simulates "Lunar Effect" and provides for nighttime viewing.
|# of ReptiSun
|18" - 26"
|30" - 38"
*Each ReptiSun LED Module contains four (4) 1 watt 6500K High Output Daylight LEDs, Two (2) 0.5 watt 620nm Red LEDs and one (1) 60 milliwatt 465nm Blue LED.
Shop all Reptile Lighting.
- BRILLIANT LIGHT: 6500K daylight high output LEDs for truly naturalistic lighting.
- PLANT GROWTH: 620 nm RED LEDs stimulate live plant growth.
- MOON LITE: 465 nm BLUE LED simulates nighttime lighting "Lunar Effect."
- MODULAR DESIGN: Individual LED modules & quick disconnects allow for easy replacement of LED modules. Never throw another LED fixture away again!
- DUAL SWITCHES: For independent control of three lighting modes.
- HANG OR SET ON TERRARIUM: Adjustable legs and stainless steel suspension kit included.
- LONG LIFE: 20,000-hour life range!
NOTE: Does not provide UVB OR SIGNIFICANT HEAT! Use in combination with a UVB source for species that NEED UVB.
Suspension Kit Warning:
Failure to securely suspend this fixture over a terrarium can result in damage, injury, or electric shock. When suspending this light fixture using the enclosed suspension kit, be sure that the cables are securely attached to hardware that is capable of supporting the weight of the light fixture. If you are unsure about safe hanging methods, contact a qualified licensed contractor to hang this fixture for you. Zoo Med Laboratories, Inc. accepts no liability for damage or injury resulting from improper or unsafe use of the suspension kit.
Zoo Med ReptiSun LED Terrarium Hood can be installed over your terrarium using one of the following methods:
DIRECTLY ON TERRARIUM USING SLIDING RAILS:
This fixture can be placed directly on top of your terrarium. To install using the adjustable Sliding Rails, adjust the width of the Sliding Rails to match the width of the terrarium, and securely place the fixture on the upper terrarium frame. Each Sliding Rail should be extended the same amount, and should not be pulled completely from the aluminum housing.
SUSPENDED OVER TERRARIUM USING SUSPENSION CABLES:
CAUTION: See Suspension Kit warning section for important safety information before hanging this light fixture over your terrarium. To hang your fixture above your terrarium using the enclosed stainless steel aircraft cable Suspension Kit, perform the following steps:
- Insert the two T-Nuts into the slot on the top of the fixture, and then insert the plastic plug into the slot on the plastic End Cover.
- Fully thread the Cable Fittings onto the T-Nuts.
- Secure the Cable using appropriate hardware to suspend the fixture (see suspension kit warning above).
This lamp fixture has three different lighting modes that are controlled by two switches:
- WHITE LEDs ONLY: 6500K White Daylight LEDs provide bright naturalistic light in your terrarium. Use this mode for terrariums without live plants, including desert habitats and terrariums with artificial plants.
- WHITE & RED LEDs: 6500K White Daylight LEDs with 620nm Red LEDs provide bright naturalistic light in addition to red wavelengths that stimulate plant growth. Use this mode for all terrariums with live plants.
- BLUE MOONLITE LED: Low light 465nm Blue LED simulates "Lunar Effect" and provides for nighttime viewing without disturbing your animals' sleeping patterns (photoperiod). Be sure to turn off white and red LEDs at night to provide your animals with a proper photoperiod.
Changing or Replacing the LED Modules:
The LED Modules in your light fixture can be replaced as needed at the end of the LED's useful life.
- Carefully remove one plastic End Cover by extending the Sliding Rails and removing the four screws using a Phillips screwdriver. Gently pull the End Cover away, being careful not to strain the wires.
- Remove the clear Splash Guard by sliding it out of the grooves.
- Carefully pull the Optics off the LED Module that you are removing. Save them for reinstallation on the new Module.
- Disconnect the wires from both ends of the LED Module and remove the four screws and washers holding it in place. Remove the LED Module from the housing.
- Place the new LED Module in the same location and orientation as the original Module. The text on the LED Module should be in the same orientation as the Module that was removed. Reinstall screws.
- Reinstall the Optics on the new LED Module and reassemble by reversing the steps outlined above. If you have questions, please contact Zoo Med's customer service department.