Stronger UVB and brighter light output without taking valuable reptile terrarium space. Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5 HO - High Output Linear Lamp measure just 5/8" in diameter yet twice as strong as standard T-8 Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB Bulbs! Space-saving high output lamps are perfect for delivering vital UVB to larger reptile habitats. Emits 30% UVA, 5% UVB, and full-spectrum visible light. Made in Germany.
Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5 HO - High Output Linear Lamp is for use in lighting fixtures rated for T5 HO (High Output) lamps. For best results, use Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Terrarium Hood.
Ideal for large habitats with the following reptiles:
- Tropical Lizards (Green Iguanas, Day Geckos, Anoles, Water Dragons)
- Aquatic Turtles, Box Turtles and Tortoises
- Old World Chameleons (Panther Chameleons, Veiled Chameleons, Jackson's Chameleon, etc)
Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Linear Lamp provides UVB, UV and visible light for your reptile.
- UVB: Reptiles need UVB for Vitamin D production and calcium metabolism. Without UVB, reptiles can develop Metabolic Bone Disease in 6 months or less. This lamp, along with proper temperatures, will enable your reptiles to make Vitamin D and process calcium from their diet.
- UVA: Reptiles and amphibians can see things that humans can't. UVA is part of the rainbow of color that reptiles can see. UVA helps increase activity levels, appetite and reproductive behaviors. Without UVA, they are colorblind!
Shop all Reptile Lighting.
This lamp emits beneficial UVB up to 24" from the surface of the bulb. Glass and plastic filter out UVB; there should be no glass or plastic between the lamp and your reptile. Fine mesh blocks up to 50% of light and UVB. This should be taken into consideration when determining lamp distance. The T5 HO ReptiSun 5.0 is designed for most reptiles housed in terrariums that are 12" to 24" tall. Always have lamp at least 6" away from your animal.
When to Replace your Lamp
This lamp will provide your animals with beneficial UVB for a period of 12 months when used 10 to 12 hours per day. Record date of first use on lamps and replace after 12 months.