Provide reptiles with healthy light and essential warmth even when terrarium space is limited. Zilla Halogen Mini Dome Fixture offers the perfect solution boasting long-term performance, high intensity output, energy efficiency and compact size. Mini Dome Fixture employs mini halogen bulb, sold separately, to deliver heat and light output comparable to higher wattage incandescent bulbs while using less energy. Faceted reflector focuses light and heat making the Mini Dome Fixture great for creating thermal gradients within your reptile habitat. For use over a metal screen terrarium cover. Mini Halogen Bulbs sold separately.
|Zilla Halogen Mini Dome
||4-3/8" bottom dia x 3-1/2" high
||50W maximum G9 Halogen Lamp, marked Type T Shielded on bulb suitable for use in an open luminaire. 6 ft power cord.
- Durable black powder-coated aluminum finish
- Ceramic socket withstands high heat
- On/Off switch
- Mounting spring clip included
Shop all Reptile Lighting.
Safety: Disconnect fixture from electrical outlet before attempting to install or replace bulb.
- Plug fixture into an acceptable outlet. Never use with an extension cord unless plug can be fully inserted.
This fixture uses a 6 ft power supply cord.
- Safety: This portable luminairie has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other is) as a feature to reduce the risk of electrical shock. This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Never use with an extension cord unless plug can be fully inserted. Do not alter the plug.
- Use power switch located in line with the power cord to turn fixture on and off. Turn off the fixture and allow it to completely cool before touching, moving, or performing maintenance on the fixture.
- A timer or temperature controller capable of accepting a polarized plug may be used to operate the fixture.
- Use of the supplied Spring Clip is required for installation of this product over a screen cover. To install the Spring Clip, run the end of the power cord through the Spring Clip Ring. Slide the Spring Clip all the way down the power cord until it rests around the neck of the fixture.
- To install fixture on the metal screen cover, place the fixture with Spring Clip on the screen in the desired location and pull the three Spring Hooks down along the outside of the Reflector and hook them into screen securely. The Spring Hooks should be spaced evenly around the circumference of the reflector.
- This product must be installed over a metal screen terrarium cover.
- The minimum distance between the fixture and the bottom of the terrarium is 10 inches.
Do not touch the halogen bulb with bare skin. Use a soft cloth to contact the bulb directly. Oil from skin may affect the bulb's life span.
- Turn off power to the fixture and allow the fixture and bulb to cool for a minimum of 15 minutes before handling.
- Install a Zilla Mini Halogen Bulb into the fixture by pushing it completely into the ceramic lamp socket.
Risk of Fire - Use a 50W maximum, G9 Halogen Lamp, marked Type T Shielded on bulb, marked suitable for use in an open luminaire.
For Reptiles: Position fixture to form a thermal gradient with a warmer side and cooler side in the enclosure. This will allow reptiles to adjust their body temperature more readily. Always use a thermometer to monitor temperature inside of the habitat. Choose a halogen bulb that will provides an appropriate environment as determined by reptile species, volume of reptile housing and ambient climate.
Metal Brackets and Screws:
The supplied metal brackets and screws are an UL safety requirement and are intended for use ONLY if the fixture is NOT installed over a metal screen-covered terrarium.
The metal brackets are intended to be installed to keep the fixture a safe distance from combustible materials.
If the fixture is used over a metal screen-covered terrarium with a minimum distance of 10 inches between the fixture and the bottom of the terrarium, the brackets DO NOT need to be installed.
Warning: Do not touch bulb or fixture while in operation. Heat is generated by this lamp. Keep away from combustible materials. Position and shield fixture so reptiles are unable to touch lamp.