Compact light fixture great for tropical reptile setups where space is limited. Zilla Slimline Tropical Reptile Light Fixture is a lightweight fluorescent light fixture featuring a low-profile design measuring just 1-3/4" high! High-quality T8 15W fluorescent light fixture comes fully assembled for easy use on top of a screen terrarium cover. Energy-efficient electronic ballast boasts for instant-on, no flicker start.
Zilla Slimline Tropical Reptile Light Fixture includes a 18" 15 W Zilla Tropical 25 UVB Fluorescent Bulb that simulates natural daylight while producing 25 microwatts of UVB to promote proper calcium absorption and bone growth in reptiles. Fixture includes an aluminum reflector and a protective acrylic lens. Slimline Tropical Reptile Light Fixture measures 18-1/4" x 4-1/8" x 1-3/4" high.
Zilla Tropical 25 UVB Fluorescent Bulb is ideal for these tropical-dwelling reptiles:
- Day Geckos
- Tokay Geckos
- Chinese Water Dragons
- Red-Eared Sliders
- Red Foot Tortoises
- Eastern Box Turtles
Shop all Reptile Lighting Supplies.
Make sure all components are supplied and "Important Safety Instructions" have been reviewed prior to plugging in and powering the light fixture. The Slimline Tropical Reptile Light Fixture comes fully assembled. No additional assembly required.
- Assemble reptile terrarium with assortment of plants, rock dens, and bedding.
- Place the Slimline fixture on top of the terrarium cover. A screen cover with door is recommended, as it will allow the beneficial UV rays to reach the terrarium inhabitants easily, while allowing easy access to your reptile. Caution: Do not place fixture in direct contact with water.
- When mounting under a cabinet or hood, position the light fixture so the tropical lamp will provide maximum exposure of beneficial light to your reptile pets.
The Zilla Slimline Tropical Reptile Light Fixture offer high-quality fluorescent lighting in a convenient, ready-to-use fixture. The Slimline fixture is compact and lightweight, making it easy to install and suitable for applications where space is limited. The included Tropical lamp simulates natural daylight while producing 25 microwatts of UVB to promote proper calcium absorption and bone growth in reptiles. The fixture's acrylic lens protects the lamp and wiring.
- 18", 15 watt Tropical UVB T8 fluorescent bulb included
- Fulfills photo-biological requirement of reptiles
- Compact and lightweight
- Rugged construction for dependable long life
|Distance from Light
||Up to 50 Microwatts UVB @ 4"
||Up to 25 Microwatts UVB @ 12"
||Up to 12 Microwatts UVB @ 18"
Important Safety Instructions
This product has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other is) as a feature to reduce the risk of electrical shock. This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Never use with an extension cord unless plug can be fully inserted. Do not alter the plug.
Caution: To prevent electrical shock, match wide blade of plug to wide slot, fully insert.
Caution: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury to persons:
- Turn off, unplug and allow lamp to cool before replacing lamp.
- Use only Fluorescent 15 watt T8 lamps (F15T8).
- Not intended for surface installation inside built-in furnishings such as kitchen cabinets, china cabinets, or trophy cases.
- Household use only.
- Not intended for wet or damp locations.
- The National Electrical Code (NEC) does not permit cords to be concealed where damage to insulation may go unnoticed. To prevent fire danger, do not run cord behind walls, ceilings, soffits, or cabinets where it may be inaccessible for examination. Cords should be visually examined periodically and immediately replaced when damage is noted.
To maintain UVB effectiveness, replace bulbs every 3,500 hours or every twelve months.
- Power off and unplug the light fixture.
- Remove two recessed screws on opposite side of the light fixture.
- Remove lens.
- Remove used bulb.
- Install new bulb.
- Replace lens; install screws.
- Plug in light fixture, power on.