||Two liter pressurized mister humidifies tropical reptile terrariums
||Simplify multiple reptile terrarium care with this large capacity mister
||Continuous spray of pressurized mist increases humidity in reptile habitats
Pressurized reptile habitat mister eliminates the chore of trigger spraying. Exo Terra Spray Bottle Mister holds a whopping 2 liters of water and features a locking mechanism for continuous spray. This portable large-capacity pressure sprayer is ideal for larger or multiple terrariums. Twist adjustable spray nozzle to select a single stream of water or full mist spraying to maintain optimal humidity in your particular reptile habitat.
Simply fill the Mister Portable Pressure Sprayer with water and then pump the unit several times to pressurize the mister. Hold down (or lock) the handle to add vital humidity to your tropical reptile terrarium. Large-capacity plastic reservoir holds 2 liters (67.5 fl oz) and measures 7" x 5" x 12-1/2" high.
Directions for Use
- Unscrew the cap assembly from the bottle.
- Fill the bottle with fresh, clean, cool water. Do not completely fill, as the pressure system assembly displaces a certain amount of water once the cap is replaced on the bottle.
- Replace the cap onto the bottle and close tightly.
- Pump the Mister several times. Ensure each stroke of the pump handle is completely and rapidly pushed down or the unit will not fully pressurize. It is normal to feel an increase in resistance as the unit builds continual pressure as it is pumped.
- To operate, depress the thumb lever. If desired, this lever can be "locked" into position by sliding the Thumb Lock towards the bottle. Before using the mister on your reptile habitat make sure the nozzle is set to provide mist, not single stream release of the water. Try on your hand first to ensure the pressure is not too great for your reptile.
- Unlock the thumb lever when the bottle is not in use.
- When finished using, slowly unscrew the bottle top to release any remaining pressure.
To avoid calcium and mineral deposit buildup, use distilled or soft water in the Exo Terra Mister. Clean with nontoxic cleaner and rinse thoroughly before using. Run clean warm water through all components as part of cleaning. If using tap water that is chlorinated, treat first with a chlorine-removing product such as Neutralize (#28349). Not intended for use with chemicals or poisons. Do not leave in extreme heat when pressurized. Do not aim or point toward reptile's face.
Humidity requirements for pet reptiles and amphibians vary over a wide range. At one end of the spectrum, species such as green iguanas, geckos, chameleons, and water dragons need moist, tropical rainforest conditions. At the other end, species like the desert spiny lizard and the crevice spiny lizard require arid conditions. Be sure to research the humidity level your pet requires in his enclosure, and monitor and maintain this level continuously. Misting is an economical way to boost terrarium humidity, and it's easy to monitor humidity with a Thermo-Hygrometer (#22642).