Take the guesswork out of aquatic turtle care! 50W Exo Terra Turtle Heater is preset to always maintain water temperature around 78°F, ideal for turtles and most aquatic reptiles and amphibians. Automatic aquatic heater turns on and off as needed for thermostatically controlled heating that never requires setting or adjustment!
Exo Terra Turtle Heater is built tough with high-impact plastic casing and a stainless steel power cord protector to keep aquatic reptiles and amphibians safe. Heater bracket with two oversized suction cups is included for easy mounting in any aquatic habitat setup up to 30 gallons. Exo Terra Turtle Heater measures 6-1/2" long x 3/4" diameter with a 6 ft cord.
For best results, use in conjunction with a Terrarium Thermometer.
Shop all Reptile Heaters.
Downloadable Exo Terra Turtle Heater Instructions PDF.
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free.)
- Position heater in the desired location with the provided suction cup bracket. Press suction cups firmly against terrarium glass to position the heater. Allow 25-30 minutes for the heater temperature to equalize with terrarium water before connecting to electrical outlet. The Exo Terra Turtle Heater must always be immersed in water.
- Always monitor terrarium temperature with the use of a thermometer.
Cleaning the Unit
- Disconnect the plug of the Exo Terra Turtle Heater and any other electrical equipment used for the terrarium, paludarium or aqua-terrarium before placing your hands in the water; and/or performing any maintenance of any kind.
- Whenever installing, removing, or maintaining the Exo Terra Turtle Heater always make sure that it is unplugged.
- The electrical supply cords of this heating system cannot be replaced. If any of the cords are damaged, the entire unit should be discarded.
No special maintenance is required for the Exo Terra Turtle
Heater other than periodic cleaning with a cloth. Never use harsh chemical products or detergents. To remove calcareous deposits, it is recommended to use a mild acid such as vinegar, followed by a thorough wipe down with a damp cloth to remove any residues.